instructions for cooking

Options
genniher
genniher Posts: 2 Member
Could you add an instructions for cooking section to the recipe tool...or at least a place where we can add a note as to where the recipe came from.

Also, it was a little tedious to edit my recipe box. I wanted to delete several recipes that I knew I would never use again and I had to remove each one individually, then the page reloaded back to page 1. I think you can streamline this a little better.

Overall...I absolutely love this app! It has helped me become so much more aware of my food choices. I don't know what I would do without it...thank you so much!

Jennifer

Replies

• userpaul
    userpaul Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to be able to add cooking instructions too
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! I hope they listen, this is a big problem for me, also... who wants to keep recipes in two different locations just so you can have place to add the process?? Hope an MFP moderator is looking at this forum.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    if you use the recipe importer tool, it will take you directly to the page where you found the recipe online....
  • lilmisscrabby
    lilmisscrabby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Were is the recipe importer tool
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, sometimes my recipes are old, not from a website, so unless I remember the directions, it's a little tough, when I use the manual build tool
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If I load a recipe from a website or cookbook, I just put the location where I found the recipe in the title. I also put the serving size: "pasta fagioli (skinnytaste) (1 cup)"

It makes it so much easier for me.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If I load a recipe from a website or cookbook, I just put the location where I found the recipe in the title. I also put the serving size: "pasta fagioli (skinnytaste) (1 cup)"

It makes it so much easier for me.

I like this idea! I think I'll try to implement it - it's good to know how many servings the recipe will yield.
  • BethNel
    BethNel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would like to add the instructions for the recipe into MFP too. I do use the recipe importer tool (love it!) and it does list the source of the recipe. However, many times after I import a recipe I need to make changes to the ingredients so that it will fit into my calorie/carb goals. Currently when I want to make the recipe I have to go to MFP to get the ingredient and then to the recipe website to get the instructions. It would be nice to have it all in one place. Thanks!
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I also use Big Oven on my phone, tablet and computer. You can also import recipes by url on that, too (most of the time). Then I edit it to match my fitness pal. Many of my MFP recipes say (big oven) in the titles.

You can download the free app, but it doesn't do nearly as much as the subscription. It's 19.99 yr for the subscription, but for me personally, it's worth it. I use it all the time. And all my recipes are in one place. I'm sure there are better apps out there, though.