30 Day Shred

Options
30 Day Shred, yay or nay? And also how many calories roughly does it burn?

Replies

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I just purchased 30 day shred this week. I did the first workout last night beginning at level 3 and was very disappointed in the workout as even level 3 wasn't challenging at all like I expected it to be from the reviews that I read about it, ymmv. I'm already at my correct weight for my height so I only bured 135 calories during the workout. I think 30DS is good for people who are beginners to exercise or those who only want to do a steady state cardio workout that is only 20 minutes long.
    I have been doing workouts like Insanity, Turbo Fire, Focus T25, and Insanity Max 30, so I think I might have liked 30DS if I wasn't so used to doing HIIT type workouts like these.
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am on day 7 of level 1. Its my first time trying it and I am not an avid exercise person. I got the beginner's version. I'm 50lbs overweight and generally burn 108-120 calories per workout, according to my HRM.
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it. I find it gets a bit repetitive because you do each level for 10 days. I'm half way through and I'm really not enjoying Level 2.

I'm 5'4" and 113lbs and I burn 200ish calories (depends on the day) according to my HRM.
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    It's a great way to get into the habit of exercising, but it is by no means a miracle workout. The calorie burn is hard to calculate because it all depends on how hard you push yourself. I started 30DS nearly 3 years ago but never made it the full 30 days because it started to bore me and I found better ways to get my burn in.

Overall, I think it is definitely worth trying to see how you like it :)
  • mandy15271
    Options
    I think it's a great workout - I also run and box but this is a great 20 min all body workout. If you're really putting effort into all the exercises it will tone you up a treat.
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've not done the 30 day shred yet but started it ages ago, got put off, now joined a gym and got addicted to exercise and feel fit enough to start doing the shred now when need to do something at home. I posted on here as you all seem positive and .... I'm looking for a few extra friends, not so much for motivation as i'm fully motivated but more to discuss what been doing and to save me boring my non-fitness orientated friends any more with my endless talk of what I've been doing in the world of exercise !!!! See my entry on Over 40's also and profile to get to know a bit more about you if you want. Looby
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Shred is high impact circuit training. If you like high impact, if you like circuit training, if you like Jillian (30 days worth...ugh)....go for it.

There are tons of workout options. Life is too short to do the same video over, and over, and over. But that's me.

collagevideo.com and totalfitnessdvds.com are sites that sell hundreds of exercise videos. I'm a fan of Kelly Coffey Meyer & Jessica Smith (myself).

HRMs are designed for steady state cardio....not the best measure for 30 Day Shred.
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    PS: i'm going to rewrite my profile this week as at the moment its a load of updates, but one of my goals for later this year/next year is to get a toned body where you can see the muscles like Jillian Michaels!!
  • strujillo73
    Options
    I do the 30 Day shred 2/3x a week and 75 min of hot yoga 3x a week at a studio. I love the shred for a quick cardio/strength workout. I always follow it with an hour walk outside . I get bored easily so I change things up quite often;)