Looking for inspiration - Chicken Breasts

Options
FTIM2015
FTIM2015 Posts: 460 Member
Cooking dinner for me and the BF.

I have come chicken breasts in the fridge but I'm having a bit of a mind blank! Any suggestions what I could do with them, don't fancy just roasting them...

Replies

• Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i cover mine in garlic and chilli, chill for 4 hours and then lightly cover in foil, pop in oven and take the foil off fo the last 10 minutes of cooking
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    stir fry, tasty and low in calories. Add a stir fry sauce. We had it last week and it is very satisfying
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I made this a few days ago.

Chicken breasts tenders (you can cut up the chicken), season to what you like, I used steak seasoning. Cook in a little olive oil covered. When done, leave in pan, cover top of chicken with frozen chopped spinach, continue cooking covered for about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with 4 cheese italian shredded cheese, turn off, cover, when cheese melts serve. Have with salad and veggies of your choice.
  • Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I marinated chicken breast strips in Buffalo wing sauce for 45 minutes, then baked them over low heat in the oven.
    Served them over a huge bed of field greens with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing. Nummy!

I also like to add seasonings, wrap in aluminum foil with some vegetables and roast them in the oven until all is cooked. and cleanup is pretty easy (I usually put the packets in a casserole dish to prevent drippings overflow.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Coconut curry chicken: beat an egg, add curry, 1-2 tbsp coconut milk, 1-2 tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut, add chicken breasts (I did strips) and bake in oven until fully cooked.

Bacon wrapped chicken

Stuffed chicken breast: flatten a chicken breast with a meat tenderizer, add your favorite stuffing (basil leaves, pine nuts, goat cheese for example), roll and bake
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Tandoori Chicken: make a marinade using plain yogurt and spices of curry, cardamon, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and add in some chopped garlic and ginger. Marinate chicken for 2-4 hours then bake in the oven.
    I have a Tandoori paste made by Patak's that is great if you don't have all the spices.
    I serve the chicken with roaster sweet potatoes and parsnips.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    cut in chunks, spray skillet with cooking spray OR lightly rub with olive oil and cook with garlic. Remove chicken from skillet and put baby spinach into skillet with chopped up tomato and toss just till warm. (if you don't have spinach you can use chopped broccoli but need to cook it a little longer till just tender...and add tomatoes at end...you don't want them soggy...just warm). Cook a serving of thin spaghetti and toss all together with approximately 1-2 tsp of olive oil and a tbsp of parmesan cheese. This is really good, very filling and about 350-400 cal depending on amount of chicken you use.

I also just grill the chicken a lot of times then cut up in a salad. OR grill and add to spaghetti squash with about 1/2 a cup spaghetti sauce.

I eat chicken breast more than anything else so I have lots of things I do with them...none of them fancy but all pretty good.
  • jenellelastchance
    Options
    dip the chicken breasts in a mixture of egg whites and honey musard dressing then dip them in wheat bread crumbs and orange zest misxture....and bake! it makes me think im eating fried chicken but way healthier!! and super yummy
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken

Tenderize 3 chicken breasts, sprinkle w/ taco seasoning on both sides
    place in greased pan (13 X 9)
    pour 1 jar of salsa (regular size, not the large) on top of the chicken
    put a little colby jack cheese on top

Bake in oven at 375 for 30 minutes

The most juiciest delicious chicken ever!

I usually serve with a can of black beans mixed with Rotel as a side dish.
    Also I top the chicken when finished cooking with chopped up romaine and green onions.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    bump so I can look at this tomorrow when I'm making chicken breast too!
  • beakerbutland
    Options
    Chicken pizza
    Butterfly the chicken breast and flatten them out.
    Cover in tomato / puree,
    Add garlic?
    Add chopped veggies of your choice - pepper, mushroom, etc.
    Add cheese - goats cheese, mozzarella etc.
    Cook in oven.
    Eat!
    Tastes divine and doesn't have any fattening bread at all.
    Enjoy.
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Hello recently just did this and it was great, Marinate your chicken in Raspberry Vinaigrette for 2 hours. Place on the grill " Charcol is the only way to go if you can" gas is ok. Than as you are grilling your chicken you will baste your chicken with" New Bottle" of Raspberry Vinaigrette. Serve with steamed veg and enjoy.:happy:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    If they're boneless, I would make fake chicken parm. Lightly oil a baking pan and put your chicken breasts in there (you can put some black pepper on first if you like, I always do) and bake them at 400 ish until they're done (time depends on thickness). Then pour a can of undrained diced tomatoes on top of them, or dice a couple of fresh tomatoes and put them on top, sprinkle with basil, garlic, and oregano, and bake for about 10 minutes more. Then sprinkle with just a little mozzarella, and bake for another 5ish minutes until the cheese melts. I tend to serve this with herbed pasta, but it would go with just about any sides you like. I think roasted asparagus or roasted broccoli would be a nice accompaniment.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Marinade in lime margarita mix for a few hours (or overnight), then top with a tablespoon or two of salsa and bake. Add a few pinches of shredded Mexican blend cheese and let it set in the oven until it melts. Soooooooo good.
  • Flossycat100
    Flossycat100 Posts: 103
    Options
    Whip up a tomato salsa sauce and serve over the grilled chicken breasts. Just reduce down 1 tin tomatoes; 1/2 pint veg stock; 1 chopped softened onion; a dash of tabasco; a dash of worcester sauce (or whatever other nice spicy bits you have in your cupboard). Add some chilli or chilli flakes if you want, plus pepper (no salt needed) and herbs. Just add some steamed or boiled green veg and you have a lovely low-ish carb low fat meal. If you're not counting carbs add some Jersey Royal potatoes, steamed. Yum!
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    This is my fave way to prepare chicken...lots of fiber and protein and low cal/low carb :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/staciekins/view/low-cal-low-carb-gaucamole-chicken-wrap-99247