Weight Lifting stats

Options
Hi! I've just started lifting weights and was curious what everyone else is lifting. What would be goal to reach.

30yr female
Leg press-70lb
Leg extension/curl-40lb
Bicep curl/Tricep push-30lb
Chest press/row-15lb(I try going higher but shoulder ache too bad!)
lat pull down-15-25lb

Thanks in advance

Replies

• JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Don't be caught up in what other people are doing. It's good you've started lifting some weights and that you're monitoring your efforts. Regular strength training pays off with so many benefits, including improvements in your numbers on a regular basis. Keep up the great work!
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    what he said. ^^^ With that said, i'm 48 and started out with numbers like yours and kept pushing forward, and i power lift now. i lift in the hundreds of pounds range, something i never in my wildest dreams thought i could do. It all depends on what you like and what you wanna do.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Base your strength on the main 3 lifts, bench, squat and deadlift.

My current short term goals are 265lb bench, 320lb squat and 440lb deadlift

Very long term goals are 320lb bench, 420lb squat and 540lb deadlift
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    kutedaisy wrote: »
    Hi! I've just started lifting weights and was curious what everyone else is lifting. What would be goal to reach.

30yr female
    Leg press-70lb
    Leg extension/curl-40lb
    lat pull down-15-25lb

Thanks in advance

I would get rid of the machines and start with dumbells/barbells, i wasted a year doing some of those exercises, if you stick with weights you will move onto free weights anyhow, might as well start now

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    What would be goal to reach.

Goal: 5 more pounds (maybe 10 on certain lifts).

Lather.Rinse.Repeat.
  • dalhectar
    dalhectar Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Move to a barbell, and see where your max lifts fit.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

30yr female
    L̶e̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶-̶7̶0̶l̶b̶
    L̶e̶g̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶e̶n̶s̶i̶o̶n̶/̶c̶u̶r̶l̶-̶4̶0̶l̶b̶
    B̶i̶c̶e̶p̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶l̶/̶T̶r̶i̶c̶e̶p̶ ̶p̶u̶s̶h̶-̶3̶0̶l̶b̶
    C̶h̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶/̶r̶o̶w̶-̶1̶5̶l̶b̶(̶I̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶c̶h̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶d̶!̶)̶
    l̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶-̶1̶5̶-̶2̶5̶l̶b̶

Thanks in advance

Benchpress 1x your body weight
    Deadlift 2x your body weight
    Squat 1.5-2x your body weight
    Overhead press .75x your body weight
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I’m 49 years old. I max on squat, overhead press and deadlift about once a quarter.

My current max is squat = 1.25 bodyweight, overhead press = .90 bodyweight, and deadlift = 1.95 bodyweight.

My goals with a target date of my 50th birthday are squat = 1.75 bodyweight, overhead press = 1.10 bodyweight, and deadlift = 2.25 bodyweight. But part of that will involve a goal to cut 15 lbs of body fat.

I think it is fine to have goals and be challenged. But short of elite lifters, it can be damaging to compare yourself to others. We’re not training, sleeping, eating to compete, and we all have our constraints. Just challenge yourself and be happy with any and all improvements you see.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »

Lather.Rinse.Repeat.

Agreed. Your goal should be more than you lifted last week, last month, last cycle, whatever schedule you're on. Basically, you're goal should be to progress. Don't put an end number on it.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »

Lather.Rinse.Repeat.

Agreed. Your goal should be more than you lifted last week, last month, last cycle, whatever schedule you're on. Basically, you're goal should be to progress. Don't put an end number on it.

I don’t disagree with this so much as there is a point where you’re strong enough and should consider other health and fitness modalities (endurance, cardiovascular, mobility, balance, speed, agility, etc.)
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options

30yr female
    Leg press-70lb
    Leg extension/curl-40lb
    lat pull down-15-25lb

Thanks in advance

Your bicep curl is really good. Is that 30lbs dumbbells in each hand?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    hilts1969 wrote: »

30yr female
    Leg press-70lb
    Leg extension/curl-40lb
    lat pull down-15-25lb

Thanks in advance

I would get rid of the machines and start with dumbells/barbells, i wasted a year doing some of those exercises, if you stick with weights you will move onto free weights anyhow, might as well start now

I agree with this. Machines serve their purpose occasionally, but if you really want to improve and see gains move to the free weights. The difference is huge! Keep track of your weights and reps on both for a while and then compare.

And, that's the only comparison you should do: with yourself. Although that link provided above by dalhectar is interesting...
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I agree don't set it like a fixed goal. Surprise yourself and do more each time. Today I lifted the following:
    hip thrust 205 lbs x 10 and 185 lbs x 20
    deadlift 185 lbs x 10 reps
    lat pulldowns 40 x 36 reps
    dumbbell bent over row 48 reps x 20 lbs
    straight arm pulldow 36 reps x 50 lbs
    barbell curl 48 reps x 15 lbs
    In June I'm turning 38, but a woman at the gym today asked me if I was 25. Haha! LOL I wish!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Right now my goal is 4/3/2/1 and I'm very far from it :(

4/3/2/1 would be:
    Deadlifting 405
    Squatting 315
    Benching 225
    Pressing 135
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Like a few others have said, aim for gradual increases in the weight, with the smaller the increment the better.

I'm a 20 year old male, and these are my stats for a few of those exercises.

Leg press 50 reps (90 lbs)
    Lat Pulldown 9 reps (70 pounds)
    Chest press machine 2 reps (90 lbs) or 10 reps (70 lbs)
  • kutedaisy
    kutedaisy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all your support and comments. I understand it shouldn't be a number. I was just seeing if I was weak/average/strong for a woman my age. I'm just looking to tone up not build muscle mass. I like my hourglass figure just want it tighter. lol
  • Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all your support and comments. I understand it shouldn't be a number. I was just seeing if I was weak/average/strong for a woman my age. I'm just looking to tone up not build muscle mass. I like my hourglass figure just want it tighter . lol

Lift more than the last time and you'll get that ;)

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »
    I agree don't set it like a fixed goal. Surprise yourself and do more each time. Today I lifted the following:
    In June I'm turning 38, but a woman at the gym today asked me if I was 25. Haha! LOL I wish!

I totally agree! This year I decided to not put pound goals on my lifts. I feel like it will hold me back.

Last year I started finding my one rep max on several big lifts. This time last year I could squat 145 lbs for 6-10 reps. Now that's my warm up. Last week I hit my one rep max of 235 lbs. Last year I was just learning how to deadlift. Today I hit a new one rep of 205 lbs. Last month I leg pressed 568 lbs (on the plate loaded, linear leg press) for 2 reps.

• Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    neaneacc wrote: »

I totally agree! This year I decided to not put pound goals on my lifts. I feel like it will hold me back.

Last year I started finding my one rep max on several big lifts. This time last year I could squat 145 lbs for 6-10 reps. Now that's my warm up. Last week I hit my one rep max of 235 lbs. Last year I was just learning how to deadlift. Today I hit a new one rep of 205 lbs. Last month I leg pressed 568 lbs (on the plate loaded, linear leg press) for 2 reps.

THIS!! <3B)