Get meaty quick!

Options
OrthopedicDad
OrthopedicDad Posts: 17 Member
edited March 2015 in Getting Started
whats a good way to look ripped for the pool in Vegas April 20th if I don't currently lift and have a tiny bit of meat on me. I run for fun...sanity. That's about it. So?! Tips for getting meaty in a month?!

Replies

• OrthopedicDad
    Options
    Correction! April 20th!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lose body fat by eating in a defecit
    Lift heavy to preserve LBM

• BeardedStudWarrior
    BeardedStudWarrior Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I thought it said "get meat quick" and I came here for free bacon!
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Where's the Beef? :(
  • November_Fire
    November_Fire Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You can't, basically.

Building muscle takes time, more time, and a lot of effort. If you were to seriously commit to a program now, you could lose weight and reveal the muscle you have underneath, but if you don't have much to show you'll just look thin. You could lift now, but you have to start light and get heavier. That will also take time. Building muscle would require you to max out your initial newb gains and then trying a bulk, eating in a calorific surplus whilst training. If you tried to bulk now you'd just get fat.

With commitment you could look different by April, possibly better, but you will not look 'meaty' or 'ripped'.
  • sugarfree123
    sugarfree123 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Yep, Emberlain said it all. If it was possible in 30 days, there would be a lot more fit people around here. I have been working on my body for over 3 years. Not there yet.
  • OrthopedicDad
    Options
    Thanks!! I'll aim to keep toning and shed a little to show what's underneath:) I will have to look up some of that lingo, tho. Lol. Thanks for the guidance!!
  • OrthopedicDad
    Options
    And. I love bacon.
  • OrthopedicDad
    Options
    My eating is good. Gotta stop the drinking!