Just looking for friends to keep me on track

Options
Hello, everyone!

I am 5'3". Before starting this diet thing, I weighed 160 pounds. I am currently at 151.5. I have been stuck here for sometime and I don't know how to get off. I just really want to hit that 10 pound mark! And if I do, I would feel like I really accomplished something. But looking at the scale and seeing that I'm not losing anything is very discouraging and I lose the motivation to keep going. The reason why I started this diet thing was because I was bulimic, and have been for 2 years, and just recently finished the recovery process. I really don't want to go back to that road and I'm hoping to find friends who understand me and are supportive. Thanks!

-Violingirl101

Replies

• JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME :)

Anyway, I think you've hit plateau. To bust it, I'd eat about 300-500 cals more for one day or completely change your workout routine in order to confuse your metabolism, so it'll speed up and you will start burning cals again.
    :)
  • red4560
    red4560 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi

Well I've just started recording what I eat. I'm trying to lose weight too. I'll be there for support for ya!

:flowerforyou:
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me if you want !!
  • heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    Hello and welcome. You have come to the right place for support and motivation. It sounds like you already know what you want and that is great.If you are having trouble loosing some lbs maybe consider opening up your food diary and let us take a look inside. I will add you as a friend/send you a request.Remember to stay focused you can do it.You have already made the first step.:happy:
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! Our stats are pretty similar too :)
  • kel1kel
    kel1kel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    add me! I have been stuck for 2 weeks now so I know how you feel! Good luck!
  • collycan
    collycan Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi Violingirl - feel free to add me too! I really admire your courage and dedication in posting about your previous bolumia. It's a challange I KNOW you can overcome! I recommend increasing your protein - that will also give your metabolism a boost! I don't know if you like "power shakes", but my husband has had great success with Whet Protein Shakes. There are a variety of brands available.
    I am also looking for friends to encourge me to keep on a healthy diet...I am always tempted by the quick weight loss I can get with a low/no carb diet for a week or so that is soooooooo unhealthy but soooooo easily effective! Ugh!

I got your back if you'll hang and support me :)
  • xoArielleMarieox
    Options
    First- congrats on your recovery =] Feel free to add me as well! I need motivation and friends too lol. I get stuck all the time as well, only was I can usually get past it (is like a post before me said) to pych out my body for a day or two, eat more calories one day followed but lower calories the next and I have to up my exercise plan for a few days and kick booty. Lower weight you get, the harder you have to work ( stick I know lol )
    Anyways, like i said feel free to add me :)
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself for overcoming it. I suffered from EDs for over 10 years before I finally was able to be stronger. I know the struggle, and have similar stats. Feel free to add me. We can do this!
  • Jeanne3651
    Jeanne3651 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would love to be your friend. I don't know what your eating plan is but if you're taking way less calories than needed to loose weight your body can go into a starvation mode in which your metabolism slows way down and you use less calorie thus hit a plateue. It's better to eat close to your needed calories and increase your exercise. Good luck - keepin touch!