20's-30's and weight loss surgery

Options
Hi! If there are any MFP members out there that are in your 20's-30's and have had weight loss surgery?

I had vertical sleeve gastrectomy approx 4 years ago and have lost 130-140 lbs. I have been able to keep this off however I am in a stage that I am trying to tone and build muscle. Due to the small amounts of food I can eat at one time I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Do you have difficulties due to your surgery when working out? Last general question for anyone- how do you schedule work outs while working a full time job and school AND try to get enough rest? Anything helps thank you!

Replies

• katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I haven't had surgery, but I just wanted to say that you are not alone when it comes to not being able to fit in workouts. I student teach (which means I have regular teaching hours), I work two part-time jobs, and I still take classes. Hang in there!! I am planning to become much more active in the summer when less is on my plate.
  • Nellrose88
    Nellrose88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that helps! I've been trying to fit exercising in before work but the downside to that is less sleep and higher likelihood of getting sick so I'm kind of scared of it.
  • casswright1
    casswright1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I had the bypass surgery on the 22/8/14 and so far lost 94lbs it's the best thing I've done part from having my kids xxx
  • msfit2b
    msfit2b Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just had surgery on 02/25/15 and I'm excited!
  • lpcrowder
    lpcrowder Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on 1/26/15 I have lost 25 pounds since that date. I have recently started using the couch to 5 k app on my smart phone. I also have a fit bit (charge HR). They both link to MFP. Every little bit of activity helps like parking further than usual. Taking time to walk at lunch for 5- 10 minutes. The fit bit acts as your motivation as it counts your steps and activity during the day.