Gym Junkies

Options
I just started going to the gym and LOVE it. Any other keen gym junkies out there? I'm aiming to go 5 days a week which is pretty accomplishable seeing as i have uni 3 days a week and work 2 days. So excited

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym last year and at first had to push myself to go but now I am addicted! :tongue: I usually can make it 4 days a week and sometimes only three, but love the weeks I can fit in all five weekdays!
  • zudleymarie
    zudleymarie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5-7 day gym rat. I have found it is the only thing that keeps me on track as far as tracking my calories goes. It is part of my routine now...Good luck! :)
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to working out, but not necessarily the gym. I found that with the gym, I started making excuses after about a month - I didn't have to pay dues so it wasn't a big deal to be too tired after work or have too much to do.

I bought hand weights, Jillian Michaels and found a 5k route in my neighborhood and I've been able to stick to it much better. I find that working out, period, helps me stay on my fitness kick. Because I can use all the working out I've done to justify when I fall off the bandwagon food wise (I'm getting better, I usually screw up about one meal/snack a week). I stopped beating myself up mentally and just make sure I work out 60 minutes a day, 6 days a week. Some days I go hard (run the 5k or double Jillian dvds) others I take it easy (4-5 mile walk with the dog, keeping a 3.5-4mph pace).

Either way...it doesn't matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!
  • chaimtime
    chaimtime Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym Monday - Friday. I get sad on the weekends that I can't (relaxing the muscles) get to the gym.
  • GoneWithTheWhinge
    GoneWithTheWhinge Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    me too! Never thought it was possible but I am hitting the gym 5-6 days a week. A great gym session leaves me feeling sooooo good. Free childcare whilst I'm there makes it even better!
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym in September 2009 after coming back from my holiday disguted at my reflection in my bikini and i can honestly say im addicted. used to go 7 days a week then my work moved to a brand new building in June 2010 with a free gym including free instructor and classes so now i go there every morning at 6am for my workout then shower and change,then upstairs to work lol its fab!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I bought hand weights, Jillian Michaels and found a 5k route in my neighborhood and I've been able to stick to it much better. I find that working out, period, helps me stay on my fitness kick.

That's heaps good, well done! I don't have the motivation to do at home workouts unfortunately. Neither does my bf and thats why we ended at the gym. I used to run outside but its only autumn here is australia and it is FREEEZING!

the only thing bad about my gym is that they dont have classes. I love spin classes. But ultimately im doing this for my bf cause he needs motivation to go. He's doing a bachelor of policing and to get into the police force has to undergo physical tests and everything so he is trying to get fitter for that.. It's good when u have someone there who pushes you to go to the gym. Good luck to you all!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    *raises hand*

Currently 3 days a week when exams are over it will be back to

5 days a week, where i was at my happiest mood (sadly not weight wise just attitude wise, constantly happy)
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Used to be a gym bunny which was good for getting me into exercise now I just run outside 3 day and do gym classes or workout dvds 2 days! No one but other gym bunnies believe me when I say it gets addictive!
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am at the gym every single day. Sometimes several classes in a day. I also hike, run and exercise at home too. Addicted to exercising in general!
  • Agglaki
    Agglaki Posts: 105
    Options
    I despise the gym.

You can find me training 6pm - 9pm Monday - Friday

Then 12pm - 2pm on Saturday