Breaking Bad Habits

Options
I am fine all day however I tend to graze in the evenings

I am a diet pop freak

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with grazing in the evenings so long as you are hitting your targets...

You should stop drinking diet soda though...that stuff is an abomination to the taste buds. But if you like it, it's fine...it's not going to impact your weight loss or anything.

If you want to break these habits, you just have to do it...takes about 30 days.
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have a terrible habit of eating everything on my plate, even after I'm full. That's the one I'm trying to break right now. Well that and eating/snacking when I'm not hungry :/
  • akirkman86
    akirkman86 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am the same way with wanting to snack a lot in the evening. I let myself have one snack/treat after dinner, and then I brush and floss right afterwards to keep myself from going back for more!
  • dezokay
    dezokay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with snacks my bf is super skinny and eats alot of sweets n I want to to but don't want to pay for it
  • DonnaLynn1958
    DonnaLynn1958 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks to all

Tina - think I am like you - easy during the day - will save 50% for evening

get my liquids in during the day - you look fabuolous
  • DonnaLynn1958
    DonnaLynn1958 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am drinking a bottle of water before meals

Also was told that when we feel hungry in the evening we are actually thirsty as there is no reason to be hungry after we have had a good dinner

I am on day 3 and determined
  • theoryofempire
    Options
    My work schedule is weird and I end up eating late. To keep myself from binging on everything in sight, I drink a cup of tea. Maybe even two. Splash of milk and some splenda and I'm good to go. My tummy is full and warm. :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with grazing in the evenings so long as you are hitting your targets...

You should stop drinking diet soda though...that stuff is an abomination to the taste buds. But if you like it, it's fine...it's not going to impact your weight loss or anything.

If you want to break these habits, you just have to do it...takes about 30 days.
    Stop hating on my diet Pepsi lime, plz.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the book "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg (boring title, interesting book). It helps you learn how to reprogram your habits. Really cool stuff and the best "diet" book I've ever read (its not a diet book, but it can be used for diet if that makes sense).

This article gives an overview of the methods in the book:
    https://experiencelife.com/article/the-power-of-habit/