Boredom Eating

Options
When I get bored, I want to eat. Usually I'm not even hungry. But I crave the taste, texture, and happy feeling I get when I eat. It's getting better...but it really is a bad addiction. I've noticed that when I read a good book or get really into investigating something on the interwebs...the cravings and such subside. I guess I need to read more.

Replies

• xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I find that if I stay at home for too long, I start hunting for food. I think the solution is to go outside and do some exercise (burn/create calories to eat rather than spend them).
  • 1JoshG
    1JoshG Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Used to do that too. I've been able to stop for the most part
  • MissFrancis
    Options
    I'm the same, esp in the evenings! A habit i need to get out of.
  • lucky192
    lucky192 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad- I have done the same thing- what was different this last time on MFP, I logged it- ok- cookies for dinner/over on points- but by logging I stopped-
  • isabelleremick
    Options
    xstephnz wrote: »
    I find that if I stay at home for too long, I start hunting for food. I think the solution is to go outside and do some exercise (burn/create calories to eat rather than spend them).

I agree! This works excellently!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to eat out of boredom. I have found that by pre-logging my foods and seeing where I stand calorie wise helps me to not eat to simply eat for something to do. I also try to read, crochet, or get up and clean something.
  • missj3nl33
    missj3nl33 Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I was doing the same thing. Now I drink a large glass of water and think about adding the extra cals to my tracker...that usually stops me from going any further.
  • JenLakersFan
    JenLakersFan Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is how I am at work :( Especially considering we always have snacks and other goodies in the breakroom. Can't help myself :(
  • claudiamkay
    claudiamkay Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I always have calorie free sparking flavored waters at my house. I drink those when I crave a snack and because it's carbonated it feels fun but it's not a snack!