What does not getting enough calories feel like?

Options
So this is my third week of being on this app and counting my calories. I have always exercised and I love it, but I have always been an over eater and the weight has caught up to me. I need to loose about 20 pounds to be where I want to be.
The first two weeks of this I have felt good and not hungry at all. I get 1540 calories a day. I do crossfit mon-fri and walk on the weekends. I have no idea how many calories I am burning at crossfit so I just don't add exercise to the app or eat back my calories. Just staying right under 1540.
This week in the afternoons/evenings I feel like I get a headache in my face and my eyes ache. My ears ring and I am just exhausted. I don't have energy after lunch time it seems. I am pretty good with my water staying hydrated.
Maybe I am just getting sick? Or I'm worried I should be eating more, but I'm not hungry at all. My calories satisfy my hunger and I want to finally loose some weight.
I am a female 5'2 and currently weigh 138 trying to get down to around 112-115
Thanks for reading

Replies

• Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Crossfit is demanding on the body. Uses some serious fuel. Could be that you aren't eating enough to support your activity. But you did say that the first 2 weeks were fine... What is your weightloss goal weekly?
  • marisa28a
    marisa28a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have it set for 1 pound a week. The first two weeks I didn't loose anything but my clothes are looser. I am lifting pretty heavy at crossfit. All of my lifts are over 100 pounds now
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    If you are not adding in your workouts, I hope at the very least you have selected the maximum activity level from MFPs settings menu.

the calculator is designed for you to eat back your workouts. If you don't sufficiently fuel your workouts, your performance will suffer, and crossfit is not a low-demand workout.

• LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Feels like hungry is what it feels like to me
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    It took several months to feel it and then I was just exhausted all the time. I realized that I was on the wrong activity level, plus I wasn't eating any workout calories.

My hair is thinner too :(
  • Lovefastball99
    Lovefastball99 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It took several months to feel it and then I was just exhausted all the time. I realized that I was on the wrong activity level, plus I wasn't eating any workout calories.

My hair is thinner too :(

Just like the previous poster... Make sure your activity level is set properly.

I'm getting hungry just thinking of what it feels like to under eat :/
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I was cutting pretty restrictively for maybe a month or so, and although it didn't seem to affect my appetite much I noticed I was feeling much more fatigued; I would start to get sleepy or just feel drained and exhausted by like 3pm. Also, I started to feel lightheaded any time I would bend over. So, yeah, no more of that for me.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Perhaps adjust your macros to include higher % protein/fat. ?
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    for me it felt like exhausted to the point of not wanting to try, anymore. and it felt like binge-ing on peanut butter when no one was watching. and whiny; it felt reeeeeaaaaaaaal whiny. now I eat 2000 on the weekdays, and it feels like life, again. I would reccommend upping your intake a couple hundred, then give it a few weeks, and see how you feel - not what you weigh, but how you feel. best of luck!
  • tartansheep
    tartansheep Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i was feeling faint all the time, whenever I stood up too quickly. I was grumpy and tired and cold! And my fingers felt weird. Like they weren't quite co-operating any more. I also struggled to concrentrate.

then I upped my cals to 1800 a day and feel sooooom uch better!
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Exhaustion can mean not enough calories, and it can just mean that you've ramped up too fast.

I have an appetite I can't trust, and can't easily quantify my exercise. My metric for needing to eat more is "I can't think, I have the dumb." When I start having trouble focusing, I can't remember things, I can't decide what to do next.... I eat more.