Stubborn weight won't go

Options
Hi. I'm Ann. I've needed to lose 10 - 15 pounds forever and it just won't go away. I don't think I eat too terrible but I must be doing something! Reason I'm here. I'm hoping to really pay attention to calories. Ugh I'm starving!!! I must have been taking in too much. Glad to be here :)

Replies

• db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I wish you a great journey! Hope plays no role though!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann and welcome!! With so little to lose you really need to be accurate with your logging. Read these stickies.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

Good luck and I know you can do it!!
  • jmasci20
    jmasci20 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You're in the right place! I'm just over halfway through my winter 15 lb. The first few weeks are definitely the toughest, just do what you need to do to make the deficit and hit the macro percentages.
  • sminasian
    sminasian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am sandie. I find that 1200 calories is too much for me. I don't know why, obviously I ate more than that to have to loose 35 more pounds. What am I doing wrong? I haven't exercised or been to the gym since last Friday, the trainer at the gym had me on NO CARBS NO SUGAR NO SALT NO DAIRY AND NO FRUIT. I dropped 6 pounds in a week but I feel I have put a few back on since switching to the 1200 cal a day and tracking. I don't go over my calories, but I tend to go over in categories, like the protein or sugar categories. It must be a good plan, because I translated the calories into ww " points" and it is the exact amount of calorie/ points I was using a few years ago on ww. So its not the diet, what am I doing wrong?
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    sminasian wrote: »
    NO CARBS NO SUGAR NO SALT NO DAIRY AND NO FRUIT.

That sounds disgusting! Ask for a new trainer.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Hi I am sandie. I find that 1200 calories is too much for me. I don't know why, obviously I ate more than that to have to loose 35 more pounds. What am I doing wrong? I haven't exercised or been to the gym since last Friday, the trainer at the gym had me on NO CARBS NO SUGAR NO SALT NO DAIRY AND NO FRUIT. I dropped 6 pounds in a week but I feel I have put a few back on since switching to the 1200 cal a day and tracking. I don't go over my calories, but I tend to go over in categories, like the protein or sugar categories. It must be a good plan, because I translated the calories into ww " points" and it is the exact amount of calorie/ points I was using a few years ago on ww. So its not the diet, what am I doing wrong?

Just eat what you want and count your dang calories.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Do you use a food scale and weigh all of your food and log it accurately with correct values? You might be eating more than you think. It is very likely if you do not use a food scale.