5'3" and can't lose weight!!! PLEASE help

Options
Hi all,

(ED TW)

I am a 19 year old woman who is 5'3" and around 120-125lbs and have been trying desperately to lose down to 105-110lbs for the past few months and haven't lost ANYTHING. I exercise a lot (I'll either go for a 2 mile walk one day, or I use the elliptical at the gym for an hour at 4-5mph, which burns about 430 cals. average per workout), I eat very healthily (I've been a vegetarian for years, breakfast usually consists of fruits + cereal/oatmeal, lunch usually is a small salad or fruit and cottage cheese, dinner is usually a salad or quinoa + veggies, unless I go out with friends, but I never eat fried foods or unhealthy foods) but still, nothing seems to work. I have a history of an eating disorder from when I was a teenager; my lowest weight was about 82lbs when I was 16, same height (possibly a half an inch shorter back then but still). I'm wondering now if my eating disorder truly devastated my metabolism? After treatment my first time, I immediately lost weight down to 90-98lbs (fluctuating between those weights for about a year) but I maintained on pretty much the same about of food I eat now. I might eat a bit more now, but not so much to make the 30-40lb difference that it is!! I understand that my weight now is NOT high. I am just feeling very disheartened that my body is so stubborn and I can't seem to shed even 5-10lbs just to fit into my old clothes better. I have never weighed this much in my life! I know I'm not an adult woman, and my pre-ED clothes (when I was 14-15 I was 105-110lbs) shouldn't fit me necessarily, but it's still very difficult for me emotionally to be a higher weight now. I'm honestly considering going back to my old habits to lose this weight, or try a supplement of some sort (I've heard Green Coffee Bean Extract can be effective?). I do see a nutritionist but ALL she tells me is to eat MORE than I do now, and eat more protein which I don't buy! Because I've been TRYING that and DOING that but all it does is make me gain more which depresses me. I've even gained more weight this summer, I was 117 back in May/June and now it's creeped up again. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or what I can do. I am honestly so upset by this all and could really use some ideas, support, motivation, stories, anything, from anyone. Is there anything I can try? I just want to be like everyone else and be able to lose a few pounds! Thank you ahead of time for reading all this complaining, I'm just really upset, and this occupies my every thought. It's honestly WORSE than having the ED because I have the same mind, the same "counting calories" and thinking about food thought process, but a body that's not underweight to match that. Please help!

Replies

• VirginieBarrette
    VirginieBarrette Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Heeeyy, I'm on the same boat. I'm 5'3-4 ish. I'm right now 117 lbs and trying to reach 105 lbs. About 3-4 years ago, I was at 140 lbs and I lost close to 20 pounds in 2 months... in an unhealthy way, let's say! Now I'm just trying to exercice a lot and eat healthy but I lost about... 3 pounds? I'm boxing 3x a week + 2 gym session. So I totally understand why you would want to go back to your old habits... I'm thinking about that too. Everytime I weight myself I see no results. But, this is not the solution. Just keep exercising and one day, you see the changes. :smiley:
  • musicandarts
    musicandarts Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You are doing everything correctly. Your BMI is in the right place. Relax and enjoy your life, focusing less on losing weight. You should ponder why you think 110 lbs is the goal for you. Also, you cannot screw up your metabolism by eating more or less in the past.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    This is an old thread