This is weird but..

Options
is there any reason as to why I want fruit so badly now that the weather has warmed up? I don't even want grains now. Like oatmeal and stuff. I just want fruit. I'm sure there isn't a good reason but what do you crave when the seasons change or what are you craving at the moment?

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Not that weird. I don't love fruit in the winter. Biting into a hard/cold/overly sweet apple on a 7 degree windy day is not appealing to me. Eating an apple in the park under a tree, with the sun shining is nicer.
  • nesian_twin
    nesian_twin Posts: 198
    Options
    If you crave fruit your body probably needs it. Sometimes I also crave fruit, love fresh pineapple the sweetest of all fruits with tang and juicy yum!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    WATERMELON!

Yes, I know it's technically 'available' all year round, but it's pretty terrible from Dec. to April where I live.

Just need to survive another couple months :)
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I try to eat only foods in season, or foods I have canned, frozen, or stored in the root cellar. It's the natural way. If it's warming up where you live, it's natural that you would start to want spring and summer foods.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Not weird at all.
  • Charliegottheruns
    Charliegottheruns Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Grapes, Berries, and asparagus, all in season or will be shortly.
  • SammyBlz1
    SammyBlz1 Posts: 80
    Options
    I was just wondering if theres some sort of reason behind it. I want strawberries and blueberries and watermelon and bananas and pineapples. I also am craving grapes. Is it bad to eat too much fruits because of the sugar and carbs?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    SammyBlz1 wrote: »
    I was just wondering if theres some sort of reason behind it. I want strawberries and blueberries and watermelon and bananas and pineapples. I also am craving grapes. Is it bad to eat too much fruits because of the sugar and carbs?

No
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options

I go through 'phases' where I'll focus on one food that I HAVE to eat at least 4 times a day. One month it was bananas, then a month it was grapes, and then for two weeks it was tuna fish straight out of the can.

Maybe your body is lacking a certain nutrient?
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    It may just be a reaction to the weather/climate change - we had a storm come through yesterday and summer suddenly became late autumn and a few of us in the office started to crave things like lasagne and snacking on hot toast. Back to relatively normal today and happy to eat the export quality apples straight from the orchard
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

No.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    My body likes to eat lighter, more water based foods when the temps rise; fruit, veggies etc.
  • runnrchic
    runnrchic Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Mmm love fruit. Most of my volume of food goes to fruits and veggies.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I get like that in summer when I usually eat loads of fruit.
    Maybe your body is trying to tell you something, You may be lacking in certain nutrients that you're getting from fruit??
    I think it's great you're craving healthy fruit, rather than the more common chocolate and chips cravings :smile: