Fighting the urge to snack

Options
I'm not really hungry I'm bored (I think) I think I just want to eat out of habit of eating at this time .I closed out my food diary and did Great today! What do you do to fight your snacking urge?

Replies

• danielabe1985
    danielabe1985 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    water, and sometimes fruit
  • welchbriauna
    welchbriauna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    water, and sometimes fruit

Good idea thanks
  • ShellieGetsFit
    ShellieGetsFit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I decided to put an end to my urge to snack today. I do believe I snack/eat out of habit and boredom too...often not realizing it because it has REALLY becoming second nature. My snack of choice is anything sweet. Particularly cakes, pies, cookies and all other snacks. How I wish I loved veggies. I envy those who enjoy celery and carrot sticks for snack.
  • welchbriauna
    Options
    I decided to put an end to my urge to snack today. I do believe I snack/eat out of habit and boredom too...often not realizing it because it has REALLY becoming second nature. My snack of choice is anything sweet. Particularly cakes, pies, cookies and all other snacks. How I wish I loved veggies. I envy those who enjoy celery and carrot sticks for snack.

Yeh me too I'm like chips and salty things
  • ShellieGetsFit
    ShellieGetsFit Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, my other issue.... sodium intake! So sad! We can control this though. I did it before and can do it again.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I eat veggies when I feel like that.
  • lapriya
    lapriya Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Divert urself to smthing other than food. Go for a walk or start a new hobby to fill in that time..soon u will fall out of that habit
  • sandra211061
    sandra211061 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    im a bit odd ... i will try and eat healthy optionsto get me through the craving .. drink water ... do everything i know i should ... then i would STILL want the sweet things .... i used to get a bit obsessed with things i would be thinking about, not particularly wanting ... now i just suffer lol
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I've been attempting to cut back on snacking. I do it a lot because I am awake for extended periods of time. Usually from 5:30am to 11pm. My meal times are odd.

Eating a hard-boiled egg or two has been helping with hunger. When I know I'm just snacking out of boredom, I try chewing gum or sucking on hard candy.
  • DanHyde321
    Options
    brushing your teeth can help being hungry.. Trust me it works :smiley:
  • tri_bob
    tri_bob Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    DanHyde321 wrote: »
    This! Either brushing your teeth, or keeping minty gum handy. Nothing tastes good after chewing gum or brushing, so doing either when the urge hits can be an effective behavioral tactic.

• welchbriauna
    Options
    DanHyde321 wrote: »

My new tactic
  • arkham_ma
    arkham_ma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to want to snack when I get back to my desk after my lunch break. I just remind myself that I just ate and am not really hungry (I figure it might be stress), and if that doesn't work-I get up & move around.