Can't eat meat anymore?

Options
kumaa
kumaa Posts: 1 Member
I have been eating very little meat for the past few months, but yesterday I ate a huge pulled pork and beef burger (patty was a bit pink in the middle) and have been feeling uncomfortable since. My stomach is bloated and feels heavy, I feel extremely sleepy and tired, and I had some chest pains last night. What is happening to me? What should I do? Does this mean I can no longer eat large quantities of meat?

Replies

• scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Probably just ate too much in general. I can't eat meat at all, it makes me sick. I have digestive problems, though. Maybe ask your doctor about gastritis, certain foods will trigger this kind of discomfort.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the meat itself, but that meal was probably full of sodium and sodium makes people bloat (water retention)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I highly doubt you feel the way you do because your body is rebelling against meat...

What's more likely is that you a) ate too much, b) meat wasn't thoroughly cooked, c) meat was spoiled.

Pork and beef have a lot of sodium. Your bloat is from the sodium. Drink a lot of water.

ETA: The chest pain is probably acid reflux.
  • AlisonKTrader
    AlisonKTrader Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have gone on vegetarian diets before and then not paced myself back into eating meat giving me some real discomfort. It's not that you can't eat meat anymore you just need to start off with smaller portions. I usually start with adding in chicken and turkey before getting into the red meats. That's been my experience.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Yes, you must now come over to the dark side and become a vegan.....;). You probably just ate too much.
  • fatblatta
    fatblatta Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    A guy at work has this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha-gal_allergy
    which is crazy. I hope you don't have that. I think a simple blood test can show if you may have it.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating beef and pork 5 years ago. It's hard at first then you get used to it.
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Could be a
    Sign your body is tell you no more meat listen to your body on what it is trying to tell you I was guided from my angels to stop eating meat and I listened and lost all cravings for meat and I'm a vegetarian now and never felt better and I ate meat all my life even the smell now makes me sick good luck
  • strujillo73
    Options
    I have a very hard time digesting meat... Low stomach acid. I feel that way after too much meat... I try now to stick to only seafood and meat once in awhile (mainly turkey/chicken). I find pork and beef to be the hardest on my tummy.
  • strujillo73
    Options
    Also, I will eat meat for breakfast/lunch but not dinner per recommendation from my homeopathc Dr
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I have gone on vegetarian diets before and then not paced myself back into eating meat giving me some real discomfort. It's not that you can't eat meat anymore you just need to start off with smaller portions. I usually start with adding in chicken and turkey before getting into the red meats. That's been my experience.

This. I have a friend who ate pork after a long abstinence and was hospitalized. It had to something to do with uric acid that is particularly associated with pork
  • Katgan
    Katgan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to say from the limited information. In the past I thought meat was hard from me to digest so I avoided it or ate only a small quantity, but after I eliminated other foods due to allergies or sensitivities, I don't have any problem eating lots of meat.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Have you watched any documentaries lately?