I was hoping for some support but...

Options
I have to wonder if my getting on here every morning is worth it , I have no support at home I know that my family loves me but we sometimes forget to support each other. I have very different habits from my husband and my kids get confused wanting to be like both of us. All I wanted was to get back in to shape to set a good example for our kids and for our wedding coming up in in 2013. I have lost 100 pounds over the last 2 years and have 100 left to go to reach my goal before the wedding and I'm getting upset and have found my-self crying till I fall asleep most nights. I have just started clean eating and find that hard mostly because I make food for my husband to eat and the kids eat some of both but its so tempting to just make the food they like and not fight them on their eating habits but then I remember that I'm doing it for them and their heath so I keep trying. Everyday I still have the question of why I have taken the time everyday to log on be it on my phone or desktop only to do this all alone.

Replies

• music_lover_103
    Options
    because if you log on here, you're NOT alone! all of us are here and lots of other people are doing this without family support, either. you're not alone!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Because you're not alone (we're all here for you & with you) and because YOU'RE WORTH IT regardless of how anyone else thinks or acts. Do this for you. This is what YOU want. Do this for your children, be their role model, be their mom. The better you feel about yourself, the better wife, mother, sister, friend, coworker, neighbor, aunt ... you will be. Do this for you. We will support you. We are here to listen and to encourage and to sympathize with. We are here everyday to make sure that YOU are here everyday. Be accountable to yourself, and to us. Make this a journey worth taking.
  • dmaster555
    dmaster555 Posts: 73
    Options
    You don't need support from anyone but yourself. Stop making pitiful excuses and just do what you have to do.
  • editz01
    editz01 Posts: 6
    Options
    I will support you too and help you with your goal. Sometimes the best people to help out are strangers that become friends ;)
  • tammythegreeneyedgirl
    Options
    I have to wonder if my getting on here every morning is worth it , I have no support at home I know that my family loves me but we sometimes forget to support each other. I have very different habits from my husband and my kids get confused wanting to be like both of us. All I wanted was to get back in to shape to set a good example for our kids and for our wedding coming up in in 2013. I have lost 100 pounds over the last 2 years and have 100 left to go to reach my goal before the wedding and I'm getting upset and have found my-self crying till I fall asleep most nights. I have just started clean eating and find that hard mostly because I make food for my husband to eat and the kids eat some of both but its so tempting to just make the food they like and not fight them on their eating habits but then I remember that I'm doing it for them and their heath so I keep trying. Everyday I still have the question of why I have taken the time everyday to log on be it on my phone or desktop only to do this all alone.
  • ndavis101
    ndavis101 Posts: 1
    Options
    you may be alone in your house hold but you are NOT alone on myfitnesspal!! That's why there are over 1000s of people on here...and you have lost 100lbs says that you don't need that support when you got your own...i can't even imagine how you can be so down when you have lost so much...i say KEEP GOING!!!!! :)
  • adfranks
    adfranks Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Do this for you and your kids!!! YOU are worth this :) I will send a friend request and I will help support you! You are doing such an awesome thing for yourself and for your family :)
  • thehealthylife
    thehealthylife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place for support. This website is wonderful for that. I totally feel you on having to cook different foods for others. I have tried to convince my husband to make some changes, such as no soda in the house both to avoid temptation for me and because I just don't feel it's a good influence to have around for our kids.

I also know what you mean when it feels like there isn't much support at home. My husband is a great man, but he has his faults. It is hard for him to support me when I have been saying the same thing for years, "I'm gonna lose weight, I'm gonna lose weight."
    This year I actually changed that mantra to "I'm gonna get healthy." But any way, I digress.

Your story is such an inspiration to me! You have already come so far. I'm still at the beginning of my journey, but seeing how far someone can go is very inspiring.

Sending you a friend request. Would love to be part of your support network as you continue your journey.
  • DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281
    Options
    You have all of us to support you! I know it's important to have the ones you love give you support and I'm sorry that isn't the case yet. But it may come. Change is hard for everyone involved. Look at what a great role model you are for your children. You are doing an awesome job! Keep logging in here and talking with us. We can be your sounding board and cheer you on in your journey. You can do this!
  • broadsword7
    broadsword7 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. Keep up the good work you are doing for you. Those who love you will truly appreciate it, if not now, in the long run. What it comes down to is this: Never give up. Never.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. It sounds like you are doing an amazing job so far. Don't worry about fighting the kids....just nudge them a little bit....and the changes, however small, will come with time.
  • Drlnmc
    Drlnmc Posts: 13
    Options
    You are not alone! You do have people on MFP who will support you. However, I think you should consider doing this for you. It is not considered selfish to do something for yourself. You sound like a great mom and wife. You are always doing things for your husband and kids. Let this be the one thing that you do for yourself. If you do this for yourself, you are less likely to give up. THIS IS FOR YOU! Your new healthy lifestyle is for you. Yes, your family will benefit from it. Your husband will have a sexier wife; your kids will have a mom who has more energy to do things with them. But more importantly, you will be proud of what YOU have accomplished and how YOU look and feel.

I know it's not easy but hang in there!
  • LamsieDee
    LamsieDee Posts: 85
    Options
    wow! you've already lost 100 lbs That's wonderful! you're doing it for you! we're all here for you. don't give up now...run the race in the way to earn the prize. with your eyes on the goal. (hugs)
  • MalyMal
    MalyMal Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    We all support eachother on MFP. Its great and really motivating, it can become really addictive and fun once you get the hang of it. Add me as a friend if you would like the more the marrier.

Also, welcome I hope you love it here as much as I do :flowerforyou:
  • tammythegreeneyedgirl
    Options
    You are not alone. I will be happy to support you and to help you reach your goals. Be very proud of the changes you have made and are continuing to make in your pursuit of better health.
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    The most important person for you to be doing it for is for you. My Fiancee', and my kids both don't want to eat clean either. I struggle when I am around both, for the same reasons. I am doing this for me, though. They were happy with me when I was fat, but I wasn't. This is for me, my health, and my self image. I am not in any hurry to get to a certain weight, but I do want to look good, and feel good. I want to be healthy.
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    OMG SISTER! YOU ARE NOT ALONE! And how awsome that you lost so much! Please add me as a friend and if you need to email back and forth for a while until you BELIEVE that you are not alone, please add me as your friend. I made a commitment to myself and I will make a commitment to you if that is what you need to keep being good to yourself, to keep taking care of yourself. It must be difficult cooking for both you and then your family. And I am sure you have tried to incorporate some of your eating into your family's because, well, face it, it's better for them. My boyfriend is hhhhmmmmm, neither, but if I had to pick I would have to say in his own way supportive, I think, because, well he is not nonsupportive. My daughter is trying to change her eating habits too just by watching me....That is the best impact this is having on her. But I just figure (at least for now) this is ALL ABOUT ME. Just like it is ALL ABOUT YOU. :flowerforyou:
  • jenndog
    jenndog Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You are welcome to add me, I found it a little scary adding strangers as "friends", but we are all on here for the same goal. It's nice to see positive comments from people you don't even know. Sometimes I feel bad because all I can do somedays is a small walk, but then you see people cheering you on and I feel ok, I can do this. And so can you, keep on going, you're doing great!
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Tank you all! :smile:
  • Gemini_at_36
    Gemini_at_36 Posts: 207
    Options
    Hi Terry, you mentioned your wife had surgery, but she does not choose to eat clean/right. How is she doing with her weight loss? I have researched weight loss surgery and so many people who post here state it is not the easy way out. I know we all slip up sometimes but even with surgery we have to eat right and exercise. It's not a miracle, it's a tool. Does your wife post here? Somehow I get the feeling she does not. But good luck on your clean eating. Since I started a month ago, I feel so much better........Take care:smile: