Lose 50 and win

Options
looking to beat my boyfriend. We made a 100$ bet to see who can lose the most weight on the scale by end of May. Photographed the scales same day together. My cousin got in and told me if I lose 20 or more she'll give me another 100$. So I can make an easy 200 :D

I'm back at meal prepping and insanity Max 30. Started month 2. Had to take a two week break for my knees to recover and all. Not fun. Caused me to fall off track. But I'm back. I even ordered FlavorGod Seasonings to make the meals less boring! I just received my shakeology today it's my breakfast and I'm trying to keep a max of 1300 cal a day.

However!!!!
I'd love some tips or secrets any of you may have as to what really helped you burn fat or make the scale move :D

Replies

• MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I highly suggest getting a HRM (Any polar brand are great). I personally have the FT60 because it takes into account VO2Max which make calorie burn more accurate (you can google there are various ways to measure it, the HRM can also measure it for you). Also a food scale (lots of great ones on amazon) makes a big difference, a lot of people over estimate how many calories some items are especially healthier food you would think would have lower calories but they do not. This way you can accurately track your calories in and out. It's one of the best investments I made.

Another tip do as much variety as you can when it comes to food and exercise, don't become stagnant, the more you keep your body guessing the better it will perform and the easier it will be to lose weight. I lost 60lbs in less than 5 months because I ate clean and tracked everything, it made a huge difference. Also as you get better in shape your VO2Max will change, the more in shape you are the more calories you will burn. I actually burned more calories at lower weight than current weight because I was in better shape then.

Also make sure you do weight training, it's crucial to weight loss and helping your body look well shaped and helps with saggy skin. Also more muscle helps you burn more calories. I have seen a lot of people who once reached their goal only wishes they did more weight training, it's fun too and you won't bulk up like crazy.
  • Simply_Yulz
    Simply_Yulz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've got the FT60 too!! Love it :). And thanks girl :)
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So glad you got one :) I think it's by far the most useful tool for weight loss :D Yay!
  • Simply_Yulz
    Options
    StazzyBoo wrote: »
    Awesome! So glad you got one :) I think it's by far the most useful tool for weight loss :D Yay!

Had it almost a year now. Finally using it again. Haha
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    *cringe* If you're only looking at weight on the scale then your BF probably has the advantage -- men tend to be able to drop weight far faster than women. It evens the odds if you look at %bodyfat dropped over a period of time rather than weight.

Regardless of your terms, I wish you the very best of luck at scoring $200!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself falling behind, you can always hack off a limb.
  • Simply_Yulz
    Options
    *cringe* If you're only looking at weight on the scale then your BF probably has the advantage -- men tend to be able to drop weight far faster than women. It evens the odds if you look at %bodyfat dropped over a period of time rather than weight.

Regardless of your terms, I wish you the very best of luck at scoring $200!

i have before photos and my measurements I'll kick his *kitten*. :p plus I know he's "cheating" hahaha
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and fiber to stay fuller longer, and drink plenty of water.