New to this, Not new to die-t-ing

Options
Improve1
Improve1 Posts: 16 Member
So, as stated above, I've done the dieting yo-yo thing like everyone else. I'm giving this a shot because the most effective diets I've had, all had to do with recording intake so, we'll see how this works out.
I know the spiel on it's a lifestyle change and not a DIEt but, I'm just a tad grouchy at the moment...cause I'm thinking of my nostalgic morning danish.

Here's the 411 on me:
I'm 5'3 and 175-ish, recently gained 15 lbs due to quitting cigs NYE, so, my lungs are healthier...the rest of me, not so much.... but, I always been kinda chubby.
I'm also diabetic and in bad health. I've had it for years and it's finally caught up with me. So, I can't really afford to cheat and eat. It'll cost me an arm and a leg, quite literally.
I'm also in my late 20's and realize that I shouldn't have let this escalate this badly.

Wish me luck, any tips would be greatly appreciated.
I want to customize the macronutrient settings for diabetic recommendations. I know the carbs should be 45% but I'm not sure on the rest.... so, suggestions?

also, Let me know if you can relate.

....and lastly, Hello there :)

Replies

• BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I gained 25 lbs quitting cigarettes but it has been a good decision

you need to find a eating regimine specifically for diabetics. I would think bread is a no no for you due to your glycemic levels will sky rocket.

Look for foods with low glycemic levels and stick with those

:)
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Personally I keep my carbs and protein ratio at a 1:1 ratio so if I have 130grams of protein then I have 130grams of carbs. I try to do this but it's hard

• Improve1
    Improve1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I just did my first entry and realized I wayyyy under eat on protein. 1:1 seems impossible for me. lol, i guess, baby steps...