Hi to whomever is out there!

Options
Hi I'm Luwanna. I am a very tired type 2 diabetic. I have been in limbo with my weight for way to long and am really ready for some changes to happen. I live in Charlotte NC and don't have any money to get this thing going. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Improve1
    Improve1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're struggling. However, I noticed its a LOT easier if you record everything on here. Don't even worry about calorie counting, just look at your carb and sugar intake and make sure those numbers are reasonable so your glycemic index isn't too high.
    Dieting doesn't have to be expensive. You can always compare food's nutritional content and input it here to cater to an appropriate balanced diet for you that you can afford. Your diet doesn't have to be perfect, just take baby steps to get there and you'll be fine.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You only need determination and in the long run regaining your health will be better for you financially. Get moving, don't quit. If you slip up, shake it off and start again. You can get off your diabetes meds with exercise.
  • glenmchale
    glenmchale Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^ this all this
  • moorelet
    moorelet Posts: 1
    Options
    Good Morning.... You can do this!!!
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi, Luwanna. While I'm not a diabetic myself (yet...*knock on wood*), it does run in my family. My grandma lived a long, healthy 89 years by just keeping an eye on her diet and walking a little every day. I worry that my mom isn't taking care of herself enough to live the same long life. She just has to want to do it enough. So do you. I took a peek at your profile, and I see that you have a big family. They all want you to have a long, healthy life, too. Remember them, and remember that you're worth the commitment to health. Doesn't have to cost a lot. We're al rooting for you! Feel free to add me! :)
  • luwannalattendavis
    luwannalattendavis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am really trying to stick to it.