Help! I'm not hungry, so stop eating!!

Options
Any tips on how to get my mind off food when I'm not hungry and not bored? Can't stop obsessing over food, what a curse!

Replies

• hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    exercice, clean, sort out clothes, read, go for a walk, talk on the phone, brush your teeth and tell yourself if hunger is not the problem, eating is not the answer !
  • Kida_Adeylne
    Kida_Adeylne Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    ^ this. Plus, drink tea (lightly sweetened at most) or water. After a week or two of good discipline and distractions, I found these thoughts started to go away. It might be longer, but it won't be like this forever. Just keep yourself busy.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Think of something else. Daffodils?
  • mzjenn2u
    mzjenn2u Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    chew gum and drink water
  • RMH___
    RMH___ Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Very helpfull...particularly like hupsii's quote "if hunger is not the problem, eating is not the answer". Well said!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I just get out of the house and go for a run or bike ride.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I take off all my clothes and look at myself in a full-length mirror. It very quickly reminds me why I don't need whatever it is I'm about to shove in my face. Lol
  • MrsNP87
    MrsNP87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is such a hard thing for me too! I'm always thinking about what my next meal or snack will be! I'm trying to drink water instead and keep my mind occupied.
  • woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was just thinking about this this morning. Sitting at my desk all day constantly thinking about food and when / what I will next eat! No matter how full I am, I will always squeeze more in.

I am going to go 'cold turkey' today and only eat when I am truly hungry and hopefully the want to eat constantly will stop!

Thanks for all the tips :smiley:
  • RMH___
    Options
    I think going cold turkey would be difficult, not sure if I would have that will power, but good luck with it, keep us posted on how you go.

Last couple of days I tried to overcome the battle of the mind by splitting my main meals into portions so I can keep coming back to it every now and again. I also selected some of my favourite fresh fruit/veg to snack on but tried to eat slowly and just enjoy bits at a time.

It's working a treat so far, I'm actually eating less overall, feeling full and my food obsessed brain is happy too because I'm grazing all day. I actually didn't finish all my dinner tonight which is unheard of in my world!
    Give it a go! It takes a bit of prep in the morning but you'll always have something fresh and nutritious close by and therefore not tempted by junk/fast food. :)
  • woodybush
    woodybush Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I think going cold turkey would be difficult, not sure if I would have that will power, but good luck with it, keep us posted on how you go.

So far so good. Its only been a couple of days but already I feel so much better.

I am much less bloated and enjoying my meals more (instead of shoving food into an already full and bloated stomach).

I agree, its not for everyone, I don't know how I am managing to do it, it but I am. I will stick with it for as long as I can :smile:
  • monkey246
    monkey246 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    Sometimes I take off all my clothes and look at myself in a full-length mirror. It very quickly reminds me why I don't need whatever it is I'm about to shove in my face. Lol

Haha! Love this idea :smile:
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »

❤️
  • RMH___
    Options

[/quote]

So far so good. Its only been a couple of days but already I feel so much better.

I am much less bloated and enjoying my meals more (instead of shoving food into an already full and bloated stomach).

I agree, its not for everyone, I don't know how I am managing to do it, it but I am. I will stick with it for as long as I can :smile: [/quote]

That's awesome, good on ya for sticking with it! So pleased it's working for you and you! Hats off to you friend :smile: