Breakfast troubles...

mystiquefrog78
mystiquefrog78 Posts: 14
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
I am on day four of my 1760 calorie diet. So far, my problem is breakfast. It has been hard to find a low calorie FILLING breakfast. I'm usually in a rush in the morning so I need something that is fast to prepare or swing by and pick up. Oh and I love Orange Juice, but it's 220 calories for 16oz.....wow!!!!!!!!! I live near a subway, but I just can't figure out which item would be the best low calorie choice. Does anybody have any suggestions

Thanks

Replies

• rjvt006
    rjvt006 Posts: 146 Member
    egg white omlet takes 1 min and 20 secs in the microwave add a little spice like cajun very yummy.
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    If you love OJ find the Tropicana 50 calorie. It is very tasty! And only 50 calories!!
  • pammyedmunds
    pammyedmunds Posts: 608 Member
    Buy 100 calorie dempster thing bagels, low calorie peanut butter and Voila! Breakfast with only 180 calories
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Plain oatmeal takes on 1m30s in the micro. I add salt, pepper and tabasco to it. I know it sounds weird but I don't like sweet oatmeal. lol only 140 cals and leaves a lump in your belly. If you have extra time add a fried egg. Only another 70 cals.

Good luck!!
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Smart Ones egg/cheese English muffin...210 calories.
  • beachygirl
    beachygirl Posts: 4
    I crave sweets in the morning so i buy the vitatops muffins. Theyre so good and theyre quite filling too. Only 100 calories and even less if u can find the sugar free one
  • dmanakho
    dmanakho Posts: 143 Member
    quit drinking orange juice = too much sugar and no fiber. eat whole oranges instead.

breakfast doesn't have to be low calorie.. the best breakfasts are within 300-400 calories range.

make yourself a sandwich with sprouted bread (100-120 cals) + sliced turkey (50-60 cal) + slice of low fat swiss or jarslberg cheese (50 cal) + 1 hard boiled egg (70 cal) . Wash it down with a cup of black tea, coffee sweetened with stevia (0 cal) or skim milk (add 80 cal) and you have yourself a wholesome breakfast full of protein, fiber, calcium and good fats.

I also found that fiber one cereals can be quite filling... 1 cup of fiber one + 1 cup of milk will run you at about 250 cals.
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    oatmeal works for me
    or try greek yogurt w/fresh fruit
    eggs are good beefed up with some veggies...
    whole wheat pancakes (home made) w/peanut butter i know it sounds weird but you put a teaspoon of that on the pancakes and it is really good and filling.

good luck!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Jimmy Dean Delights....or make your own (which is what I do).

WHole grain toast or english muffin
    Egg whites with whatever I have in the house mixed in --- usually lean meat or cheese from the night before and maybe some mushrooms and tomatoes (just heat in microwave for 1 min 30 seconds). If you want even easier - you can buy candian bacon laughing cow cheese.

Viola. Fiber and protein filled breakfast in 1 min 30 seconds --- ok 2 minutes with cracking the eggs. You could even just get egg beaters --- BUT they are more expensive then using normal old egg whites.

I also do oatmeal --- old fashion kind in the microwave with water for 1 min 30 seconds ---- add in a banana and 1 TBS of all natural peanut butter. Another 2 min breakfast -- but not quite so portable to eat in the car.
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Try the Hungry Girl Egg Mugs.....if you dont' have the cook books, I recommend investing in one. They have recipes on their website too. www. hungrygirl.com

Egg mugs are FAST and protein filled. I don't make ANY scrambled eggs on the stove any more.
  • leshagen
    leshagen Posts: 36
    My quick and easy go-to breakfast is: 6 Triscuit crackers (hint of salt), 1 oz of Cheese (which is easy since you can get them individually wrapped) and a piece of fruit (apple, pear etc). I know it doesn't sound like much, but it is suprisingly filling and so easy to grab and take with you on the run. When I don't have the time or inclination to fix oatmeal or an omlete, this works for me and if you try it, I hope it works for you too :D
  • MissRose888
    MissRose888 Posts: 98 Member
    I pretty much eat the same thing every morning but I like a filling breakfast too so this is what I've found works:

3tbsp egg whites: 25 cals
    2 slices wheat low cal bread: 100 cals
    Kraft 2% Fat Free Singles: 45 cals
    total: 170 calories

Sometimes I add spray butter....sometimes I change up the bread, but you can't beat the taste of the cheese and eggs in the morning for so little calories. Hope that helps!
  • I will look for that...thanks
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    1 Wholewheat wrap (150-180 calories)
    3 slices quorn (meat substitute) ham/turkey/chicken (50 calories)
    1 cup lettuce (8 calories)
    1 cup spinach (about the same)
    Peri-peri sauce and lemon juice to season
    Total calories = under 250.

1 wholewheat pitta (120 calories)
    30g light humous (50 calories)
    1/2 cup lettuce
    1/2 cup spinach
    Total calories = under 200.

2 scrambled eggs (140 calories)
    2 wholegrain ryvita (70 calories)
    20g soft goat cheese (60 calories)
    ketchup (15 calories)
    lea and perrins sauce (10 calories)
    Total calories = under 300.

These breakfast ideas also contain a lot of nutrients, like vitamin a+c, calcium, protein etc. They are also 10 minutes or less each and healthy yet filling enough for a family breakfast, or light lunch. I don't believe breakfast needs to be a carb-fest, and I love getting some fresh salad in the morning.

For drinks I would recommend herbal tea. It is caffeine free (or at least very low) and counts as water, IMO. They often don't need any extra sugar or sweetener and are full of antioxidants and stuff like that...

Also if you have the time, and a blender, buy fresh fruit and blend it for a treat every now and then. A cup of 1 orange, 2 kiwi, 1/2 cup mango and a banana is really yummy and incredibly healthy. I use that for when I know I might not have the chance to choose my meals well later in the day.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Protien shake/smoothie Takes about a minute to prepare! You can take with you. Protien is very filling. I have a single serve blender that has a travel lid. Works great! You can add liquid egg whites, juices, fruit, protien supplements, soy milk, anything your heat desires its fresh you made it and you know exactly how it was prepared.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I usually eat oatmeal with flaxseed and blueberries, it takes 1:30 in the microwave, or I have a bagel flat with two egg whites and a slice of cheese. I have a microwave egg cooker, so it only take a minute and half for that too.

I don't dring oj, sorry I can't help you there.
  • sandyfeet10
    sandyfeet10 Posts: 280 Member
    i bought a "blender ball" bottle. in the morning, i pour in my soymilk, scoop in my protein mix, jump in the car, shake it, then drink it! they have them at bed, bath, and beyond, but i bought mine on amazon.com!
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Some things I do for breakfasts

Nutrigrain eggo (put it in the toaster as I get ready)
    Life cereal bar (favorite banana nut)
    Cinnaburst cheerios (pack a 1 cup in a Tupperware and eat dry)

Also for Juice I drink V8 fusion light. (bought a little water bottle and put it in there 8oz = 50 cal and it includes a veggie,

There are alot of easy breakfast food that are good for you. Just gotta find what works for you.
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    greek yogurt with fresh fruit and a hint of honey
    steel cut oats with a hint of (real) maple syrup and berries (make ahead and just pop in microwave)
    Microwave an egg, add to a bagel thin with cheese
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    I have a fruit salad fairly often, I chop it all the night before and stick it in the fridge, bit of no fat yogurt with it and its yum and I'm not hungry till lunch.

Breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day so eat well!
This discussion has been closed.