hi im new to this has anyone ever tried raspberry ketones?

Options
Has anyone ever tried raspberry ketones please ?

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    They're a scam to make money for people who have no conscience who take advantage of vulnerable people who want to lose weight. Save your cash, the only thing they make lighter is your wallet :)
  • angelmeldavies
    angelmeldavies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply I already have them ... was wondering if anyone had tried them as ive just taken two capsules like it says on the bottle
    And I feel very hypo was wondering if they had the same effect on anyone else :) x
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Not tried them, it would be more the aloe cleanse that would worry me, if you are using that too! Basically a laxative effect, so you would lose weight, but as soon as you stopped you would put it all back ( and probably more ).
    Can i ask why you are taking the ketones? Have you read it helps you lose weight?
    If they worked, then everyone would take them, and there would just be tumbleweed blowing around MFP.
    If they are making you feel hyper i would stop taking them, sounds like speed to me lol!
    Be careful if they are raising your heart rate etc hun.
    Good luck on whatever you choose to do. x
  • angelmeldavies
    Options
    I read loads of reviews online saying how good they are and that they help you lose weight so thought id give them a try... im not taking the aloe cleanse just the ketones.... feels like my heart rate has risen especially when im sat down all I want to do is get up and do stuff and drink loads I know that theres caffeine in them .... it might just be that my body is not used to that much caffeine intake I will see how I get on today..... x
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight in a healthy way and keep it off then this site is for people who wish to learn how to do that. There arent really any shortcuts between eating less and burning more.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    They're a scam to make money for people who have no conscience who take advantage of vulnerable people who want to lose weight. Save your cash, the only thing they make lighter is your wallet :)
    Yep, this. They do absolutely nothing.
  • angelmeldavies
    Options
    To be fair I am quite active I have 3 kids to run around after (5 at weekends) I pretty much walk everywhere I have to go just cant seem to lose any of my baby weight so thought id try ketones
    Im after help and advice on what to do/eat to help shed some weight as its getting me down x
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    "Raspberry ketone became popular for weight loss after it was mentioned on the Dr. Oz television show during the segment called “Raspberry ketone: Miracle fat-burner in a bottle” in February 2012. Even though it is touted as a “miracle” for weight loss, there is no reliable scientific evidence that it works for improving weight loss."

There is only one proven way to lose weight. A calorie deficit. There are no magic fat burning pills, potions, creams, unicorn fairy dust. Just eat less and move more.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    The only thing you need to lose weight is to maintain a calorie deficit. Exercise for fitness and no gimmicks... Save your money for a new wardrobe when you hit your target.
  • eplerd
    eplerd Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It never fails to amuse me at all the scam and fad diets out there that suck in people looking for a quick fix.

The sad truth is that weight loss really IS simple if you don't have any medical conditions preventing it.

I can sum the process up in FOUR WORDS:

EAT LESS, MOVE MORE!

I'm living proof of this as last year I was over 250 lbs (at 5'4") in January when I decided enough was enough! I started walking, under a mile at first, and gradually added distance as I felt I could until I was walking over 3 miles a day.

I used a Heart Rate Monitor to ensure I didn't go too far over my Max Theoretical HR in the beginning and now to see how much my cardio health has improved (harder to get HR up as high)

I also started using MFP to HONESTLY track my food intake.
    Using a food scale is a pain in the lower anatomy, but it is a MUST at least in the beginning to see just how much MORE you are eating than you realized! (I still use the scale and measure my food at home)

Since last year I am down from over 250 to UNDER 190 this week!

NOT ONCE did I eat any "special" foods.
    I eat pizza, spaghetti, lasagna, bread, and basically what I want - but mostly within the MFP daily calorie guidelines. I splurge every now and then, but try to make it only once or twice a month (and add exercise to help make up for it)

I walk/jog/run 3x a week or more, bicycle 2-3x a week, and go to the gym for strength training twice a week with a personal trainer (to ensure I don't get hurt as at 52 with ZERO gym experience it's easy to do)

YES IT SUCKS!
    YES IT IS *H*A*R*D* WORK, but it is the ONLY way to lose the weight AND KEEP IT OFF!!

There is NO MAGIC PILL, DIET, or BERRY that will work wonders for you without proper eating and exercise!

If you want to toss your money away, it's your choice, but I'd prefer you just paypal it TO ME instead B)

/RANT OFF....

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    To be fair I am quite active I have 3 kids to run around after (5 at weekends) I pretty much walk everywhere I have to go just cant seem to lose any of my baby weight so thought id try ketones
    Im after help and advice on what to do/eat to help shed some weight as its getting me down x

If you leanr how everyone else is losing weight by being at a calorific deficit, then thats the key to losing weight. If you are losing weight its because you are eating more than your body needs.

Read this thread and understand how weight loss works.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    get some friends for supoort
    Start with babysteps but plan and then put it into action.

You can exercise for weight loss as well, it all counts towards a calorie burn, it just takes more effort.
  • angelmeldavies
    Options
    Thankyou all for your advice
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    No eat at a deficit and you'll lose weight. Ditch the pills and eat less
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    yes i have, didnt make me feel particularly good, so i ditched them after a few days, so cant say whether there was an impact or not really. Ive just stuck to counting the calories and am now at maintenance having lost just over 3 stone in 7 months. try and look at it as a lifestyle change, and not a diet... you dont want to be taking ketones for the rest of your life ( i assume :-) so hopefully you can nail it without them.. good luck
  • angelmeldavies
    Options
    Thankyou im going to ditch the pills
  • Simbaby09
    Simbaby09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I tried them yes, just for a week and they made me all jittery and restless, ditched them starting eating right and working out loads, I only have like 10lbs to goal weight.
  • angelmeldavies
    Options
    Simbaby09 wrote: »
    I tried them yes, just for a week and they made me all jittery and restless, ditched them starting eating right and working out loads, I only have like 10lbs to goal weight.
    Thats exactly how im feeling at the moment
  • swing35
    swing35 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried them, did a self study. I didn't change my diet at all and I weighed myself every day. I did lose about .2 pounds a day or 1.4 pounds a week. I had to stop taking because I noticed my moods changed with it, I was just irritable.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Thankyou im going to ditch the pills

YAY!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Why do people ingest things into their bodies without research? Makes no sense.