Low calorie recipes

Options
hi everyone I am really struggling to find easy low calorie recipes?
Can anyone help please?

Replies

• tericx
    tericx Posts: 16
    Options
    What sort of food do you like and what do you consider as low calorie?
  • christyrn92
    christyrn92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Broth or tomato based soups loaded with veggies
    Google Volumetrics and Pritkin. Lots of recipes on Pinterest.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    There are many websites dedicated to lower calorie recipes. skinnytaste.com, hungrygirl.com, cookinglight.com, eatingwell.com

Plus most other cooking sites have reduced calories sections. realsimple.com, foodnetwork.com

Just google "low calorie recipes" and you'll find more recipes than you will likely have time to make in your life. Pick some that sound good to you.
  • selenam336
    Options
    For me lower calorie meant using alternative ingredients and portion control. I grew up with southern cooking, and only got rid of my bacon grease collector a few years ago. Ha! Yes, I used bacon grease for everything. Still maintain that lard makes the best dern biscuits, but I refuse to make or eat them that way any more. Actually olive oil and smart balance works pretty well, and buttermilk is already fat free. So I pretty much still eat all the same things just altered the recipes/methods to include better ingredients. Like I don't fry chicken any more, I sear then bake it. I don't use bacon grease or fat back in my greens, I use clarified butter(ghee) and seasonings. Things like that.
  • anrebma
    anrebma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There are many websites dedicated to lower calorie recipes. skinnytaste.com, hungrygirl.com, cookinglight.com, eatingwell.com

Plus most other cooking sites have reduced calories sections. realsimple.com, foodnetwork.com

Just google "low calorie recipes" and you'll find more recipes than you will likely have time to make in your life. Pick some that sound good to you.

I use tons of the Hungry Girl recipes because they are amazing and super easy to make. My family LOVES them!
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Dr. Weil spaghetti squash casserole is less than 300 calories and so filling my husband loves it!