for those who weigh mote than once in a day....

spatticus
spatticus Posts: 230 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
For those of you who have weighed yourself twice in a day...how much weight do you usually gain between morning and night? I consistently gain almost a pound and a half which seems like a lot! Just curious!

Replies

• mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    I am usualy 4 pounds more in evening than morning. I weigh 200 pounds, though so that might make a difference.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Up to 5lbs...which when you're 129 is a big chunk of weight!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I'm usually 2 or 3 lbs more, but I don't worry because I know it's only water.
  • Ecaswick
    Ecaswick Posts: 22 Member
    Up to 2-4 lbs depending on when I ate/drank last. I go by the morning number though.
  • I weigh myself in the morning and at night before bed. Sometimes I even do it 2-3 times in the afternoon. Between morning and night, my weight goes up about 2-3 lbs. I only count the one in the morning, the other ones are just my OCD showing ;)
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    mine varies by up to 2kgs = 4.5lbs each day
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    2-5 pounds....depending on how much water I consumed
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Depends on the day - anywhere from 2-5 pounds generally
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    im the same as the majority. 2-5 lbs difference. when its on the heavier side, i can usually count on the fact that i prolly gained a lb the next day!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    Only 1.5 pounds. That is surprising, and not a lot at all. The end of day weight is basically going to be the weight of the food and water you have consumed minus that which you have eliminated. Since food takes quite a while to digest you will weigh more close to the weight of the food you have eaten, and that would be a couple of pounds. This is primarily why weighing more than once a day is sort of pointless.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Hey

Yes that's normal for everyone, my scales are so sensitive my weight can vary by up to 4lbs depending on what time of day it is. You're lighter in the morning as you're dehydrated as you've lost water through the night through respiration and sweating and water weighs a lot

:)
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    im usually 2lb heavier in the evening compared to my morning weight. prob just fluid and food from the day but usually back to normal in the morning.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    My weight usually varies to up to 4#.

Unlike a lot of the other members who say their biggest weight differential is pre- and post-crapper, mine varies the most between night and day, perhaps because I eat pretty late in the day, despite all the warnings not to do so. :laugh: :embarassed: I just can't go to bed hangry. :explode:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Usually 2-4 pounds. Once it was 8 pounds, thanks to a LOT of sodium!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    I was hydrating last night and I weighed 5 lbs more at night. I felt it too!
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Same as most others: generally 3-4 pounds more in the evening, but I've seen it as much as 6 pounds higher than morning. But it goes away the next morning :smile:
  • Brandie6004
    Brandie6004 Posts: 87 Member
    ...about 3 lbs for me.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    That's punishment! LOL
This discussion has been closed.