Some delicious healthy recipes?

Options
Juarezt1
Juarezt1 Posts: 30 Member
Hey! How is everyone?! Anyway, I just wanted some ideas and some tastey foods to make! I don't cook all that often, but it's mainly because I don't have many ideas to make. I am not allergic to anything and I love almost all kinds of fruits and veggies. Thank you everyone in advance!! :)

Replies

• summerbikinigoalz
    Options
    The old one banana two eggs pancakes is a favourite of mine
  • DeliVibes
    DeliVibes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Simple curry:
    Diced chicken and sweet potatoes, frozen peas, coconut milk, red lentils, mild curry paste served with brown rice!

Quick lunch:
    Microwave a whole sweet potato for 5 mins. Serve with beans and tomatoes.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Egg sandwich- 1 Arnold's Sandwich Thin (100 calories), 1/3 cup egg whites (45 cals), a little ketchup or hot sauce for flavoring. Good for breakfast, lunch or dinner and it's filling. Add some fruit or small salad and you could have a meal for under 200 calories.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    When I'm trying to think of something to make, I google an ingredient or two that I'm thinking of using with the word 'recipe' and see what pops up. For example, I have 1/2 a red cabbage waiting to be used in the fridge and we could benefit from eating some brown rice for the whole grain. Googling "brown rice red cabbage recipe" came up with a variety of suggestions, one of which we might just have for supper -- or a variation thereupon.
  • iowaoly
    iowaoly Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Never heard of the one banana two egg thing. Can anyone explain a little?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    iowaoly wrote: »

Banana omelette, vom. I think it does the rounds being called healthy 2 ingredient pancakes haha. NO!

• rebeccalhunt
    Options
    Broccoli and cauliflower salad cut into small pieces add chopped capsicum and red onion add cashews black sesame seeds and bacon dress with sweet chili
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Every weekend I make different variations of quinoa tabouleh salad. Cooked quinoa, chopped veggies (peppers, cucumbers, asparagus, broccoli, tomatoes). Add chopped herbs like cilantro or parsley. Sometimes I add chickpeas or cannolini beans. Dress with lemon juice or vinaigrette. I eat this alone or add to salad greens. I make enough to last several days. Very healthy and delicious!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options

It's basically a banana omelette. I made it once, tasted it and chucked it in the trash. Waste of a perfectly good banana and two eggs. It isn't a pancake if it doesn't contain flour and baking powder, sorry.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com or cooking light - lots of great options. This week's dinners (and leftovers) in my house are:
    quinoa spaghetti with meat sauce
    spaghetti squash casserole
    spicy corn chowder
    Ginger beef stew
    Roasted chicken, cauliflower and grape tomatoes with rosemary

Last week I also made
    chicken pot pie soup with cheddar garlic biscuits
    potato leek soup
    chicken fajitas
    quinoa with turkey sausage and sauteed veggies
    chicken vindaloo

I eat 1200 cals a day and all the recipes keep me feeling satiated.

Feel free to check out my diary or ask for any recipes and i'll provide a link. I'm not a great cook, but my pro. chef husband has been thrilled iwth my ability to follow these recipes:)
  • Juarezt1
    Juarezt1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You are all so wonderful!! Thank you for your feed back and I'll definitely be trying some of these out. Minus the banana pancake thing. That does not sound like it would be my cup of tea. x) but overall, thank you again! :) I've been doing great eating healthy for a solid 5 days now! Woot! :)
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

It's basically a banana omelette. I made it once, tasted it and chucked it in the trash. Waste of a perfectly good banana and two eggs. It isn't a pancake if it doesn't contain flour and baking powder, sorry.
    I love them but use one egg to one banana and the banana goes like sugar syrup
  • facat820
    facat820 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I put a teaspoon of honey and some coconut oil and some cinnamon. Yum.

I love them but use one egg to one banana and the banana goes like sugar syrup

• jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
  • rfihn
    rfihn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Here's some recipes I've been making for the past few weeks :smiley:

Spicy Cauliflower Stirfry
    Spinach Lasagna Rolls
    Turkey Meatloaf

Tuna taco salad (no link got it from a forum I think)
    Entire recipe is approximately: 270 calories, 6g fat, 745mg sodium, 30.5g carbs, 6.5g fiber, 9g sugars, 30g protein
    Prep: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
    • 2 tbsp. salsa or pico de gallo with 90mg sodium or less per 2-tbsp. serving
    • 1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
    • 1 tsp. taco seasoning mix
    • One 2.6-oz pouch albacore tuna in water
    • 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
    • 1/4 cup frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
    • 1/2 cup chopped tomato
    • 2 tbsp. shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
    • 2 cups shredded lettuce

Directions:

In a medium bowl, combine salsa/pico de gallo, Greek yogurt, and taco seasoning. Mix well. Add tuna, black beans, and corn. Stir to coat.
    In a 1-qt. wide-mouth mason jar, layer tomato, cheese, tuna mixture, and lettuce. Cover and refrigerate.
    When you're ready to eat, give the jar a shake, and flip contents into a medium-large bowl (or eat right from the jar)!