Low calorie breakfast options?

Options
id like to stay under 300 calories if possible. Open to anything quick and easy to make!

Replies

• meremaid2014
    Options
    Depending on the bread you use, and how much avocado, Avocado Toast is about 300 calories. Define "quick" though! I stick some bread in the toaster while a pan heats with cooking spray in it. When the toast pops up, I put an egg in the pan and let it fry. While it fries, I slice half an avocado and put it on the toast. By that point, the egg is probably done and can slide right on top. Top with salt, pepper, and hot sauce. Insanely delicious.
  • xo_meganeee
    Options
    I usually have about twenty or less minutes in the morning before I have to leave for school haha. Not much of a fan of avocado though! But thank you for your response.
  • Tdish
    Tdish Posts: 2
    Options
    I had a lot of success with making an egg white crustless queshe packed full of veggies. I make it Sunday night, cut it into 8 portions and have a piece for breakfast every morning!
  • xo_meganeee
    Options
    Tdish wrote: »
    I had a lot of success with making an egg white crustless queshe packed full of veggies. I make it Sunday night, cut it into 8 portions and have a piece for breakfast every morning!

Do you have the recipe for it? This sounds yummy!
  • meremaid2014
    Options
    Okay, I'll try again! :) Stick some spinach in a pan with some garlic, S+P, and red chile flakes (if you can find frozen pre-chopped garlic, that's ideal here). Stir it around until it wilts. Stick it on a plate. Put a piece of whole wheat toast in the toaster. Fry an egg in the same pan. Put it on the spinach. Use spread of choice on the toast (or not). Veggies, grains, protein, pretty balanced! Might be able to grab a few berries or something on the side!

OR:

Make these in advance:http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/brown-rice-corn-spinach-tomato-frittata-muffins/

They're "muffins" but made with egg, brown rice, corn, spinach, and tomato. Like little mini-frittatas. You can make a batch over the weekend and keep them in the fridge. Just zap them for a few seconds to take the chill off (or eat cold, whatevs!) I made them a few months back, they were delicious.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Interestingly I just read this about low calorie breakfasts...this is worth looking at. I have found in the past that when I eat a higher calorie breakfast I want to snack less during the day. Worth reading, IMHO.

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/3-ways-your-breakfast-is-sabotaging-your-weight-loss/
  • N8ilm
    N8ilm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your pick of healthy cereal in unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Silk brand is only 30 cal a cup.
    I like to eat turkey bacon/sausage or chicken sausage with a boiled egg in a low calorie tortilla. La Tortilla Factory has some that are 70 cal with extra fiber and protein. I can make it all the night or weekend before and just assemble in the morning. Goat and Feta cheese adds a lot of flavor for little cals as well.
  • robbielisad
    Options
    I like to make a huge omelette with two whole eggs, two egg whites, 2 cups of fresh spinach, one slice of cheese and sometimes a handful of Baby Bella mushrooms-300 calories -
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I am a last minute person. The best thing to do would be to pre-prep your breakfast. You could make homemade breakfast bars or healthy muffins.

Here's a few breakfast bar ideas: Breakfast Bars

You could also hard-boil and peal some eggs. If you have time to sit down for a few minutes, make some instant oats (I like BetterOat brand) and put a Tbsp. of Peanut Butter in it. Its delicious. Another quick ideas would include whole grain waffles with a Tbsp. of all-natural peanut butter or nut butter on top.
  • kimault1984
    kimault1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've been all about refrigerator oatmeal lately. You make it at night and it's ready to go in the morning. Tons of different flavor combos you can play around with. My current go to is strawberry-banana oatmeal

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1 container low fat greek yogurt (I use Light & Fit strawberry)
    1/2 banana, sliced
    sliced strawberries
    splash of almond milk

Mix it all together, top with sliced fruit. Let it sit for at least 4 hours so the oats soak up the liquid.

Sometimes I add some walnuts too. It's served cold but you can heat it up if you like. Depending on the amount of fruit and milk, it's around 300 calories.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Take 6 eggs, beat them up, put them into muffin tin and bake in the oven for about 15-20mins, ( 6 eggs makes 12 muffins ) you can have 2 muffins for 100 cals, ( or less ) and you can do them in batches and keep them in the fridge and just grab them as you head out the door :smile:

I chop up a tomato and put that in the bottom of the muffin tins before i pour the egg over, they are yummy, have no refined sugar and a good protein content.
  • mckess
    mckess Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have created a different breakfast option. As I'm over Egg Whites and so over Egg Beaters that I mix them together. I LOVE this recipe that I tweaked:

1 cup of Egg Whites
    1 cup of Egg Beaters
    1/2 cup mozzarella shredded cheese
    1/2 cup turkey sausage lean (browned)

Mix Egg Whites and Egg Beaters in a measuring cup.

Spray 12 muffin tins with Pam. Pour enough egg mix to halfway line on muffin tin. Top with a teaspoon full of sausage and about 1 teaspoon of cheese.

Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.

Cool on wire mesh rack.

Can freeze. But they don't last long. I eat 3 for breakfast.

YUMMY
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast for a long time has been egg white muffins. I use the over sized muffin pans. 1 bag of spinach, 1 bell pepper, 1/2 package of ready cooked turkey bacon, 1 package green onion. Chop all of that up and add salt/pepper and seasoning. Divide it into 12 muffin cups. Fill it 3/4 full with egg white and sprinkle it with a bit of shredded cheese on top. Bake in the oven 350 for 30 minutes. I usually make a ton and freeze them. Roughly 130 calories per muffin.
  • smashster
    smashster Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Whole grain toast smeared with avocado, overeasy egg +extra egg white top with fresh pico de gallo.
  • dillardlady06
    Options
    Check out this link. http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/egg-bakes-crescent-puffs

The muffin omelets are wonderful. Tweek your recipe to how you like breakfast in a smart way. I make a bunch of these freeze them and then pull only what I need out for the week.
  • jrortega1912
    jrortega1912 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Check out this link. http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/egg-bakes-crescent-puffs

The muffin omelets are wonderful. Tweek your recipe to how you like breakfast in a smart way. I make a bunch of these freeze them and then pull only what I need out for the week.

Thank you! I just pinned it. Making them this weekend. Yummy
  • nrgbunny85
    Options
    Toasted sour dough English muffin open faced with cooked spinach, roasted red pepper and poached eggs. I put Dijon on the muffin for extra kick.... Under 300 calories and is my new favorite
  • Msmall124
    Options
    Breakfast Wrap with Salmon and Cream cheese: Santa Few Tortilla Co. Home style whole grain tortilla (that brand specifically because its really tasty and has only 100 cals + 8g fiber 8g protein) 1-2oz Salmon, 1large egg scrambled and 1Tbs Philadelphia reduced fat cream cheese with onion & chives. 233-250cals depending on salmon
  • Msmall124
    Options
    *Santa Fe -Ugh autocorrect!

• WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i just had a handful of peanuts (i shelled them myself) and a "cutie" orange. it was filling, and only about 100 cal.