Question on Fitbit Charge HR

Options
I recently upgraded from the Fitbit Zip to the Fitbit Charge HR. Not sure I'm happy with this upgrade. With my Zip I had no trouble tracking any steps including on the treadmill. With the Charge HR it sometimes picks up the steps from the treadmill but for the most part doesn't. Am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• Britannia2012
    Britannia2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have always had a fitbit - right from the beginning. I bought a Fitbit Charge HR and I have to say I am not happy with it. The step count is so inaccurate! I go on the treadmill and it doesn't pick up every step. When I go up flights of stairs it is hit and miss whether or not it picks that up too. I have to really swing my arms backwards and fowards to register. I wish I had never bought it!!
  • beautychicks
    beautychicks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I was going out at the weekend to buy one. Maybe I will just hold back and research some more
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm a new Fitbit user with a Surge. It does a good job on GPS, fair job on heart rate, and poor job on step counting. I'm of average height and stride length, so I should see about 2k steps per mile. I'm getting about 1400 counted. I opened a case with Fitbit, and they sent me a new tracker. Exact same results. Fortunately, steps aren't my primary motivation, and it's at least somewhat consistent, so if I hit 10k steps, even though I've achieved more, it's still a good baseline.
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I have had one for about a month. MY first device to measure activities so I have nothing to compare it to. The heart rate monitor is right on compared to my treadmill h.r monitor,but the miles are different. (arm swing)
    On the steps, I have counted out, and yes it is lower at times, but not a big deal for me. I think it sometimes counts steps not even taken so evens out. The floor count has something to do with elevation (certain amount of feet).
    I really like my Fit Bit Charge HR, but again I have nothing to compare it to.
    Just my 2 cents. :)
  • ross_t
    ross_t Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have to program your stride . I find my surge very accurate after I measured my average stride.