Sick and pregnant

hi I am 7 weeks pregnant and have sick as a dog ! I got married less then a year ago and was in my best shape. I generally eat a high protein diet with a large amount of veggies and workout at least 6 days a weeks. However these last two weeks I have been on a high carb diet! I am having trouble eating my normal healthy meals due to nausea. Also yesterday I started spotting so now I am unable to workout until cleared by doctor. I really want to have a healthy fit pregnancy so I am looking for all the advice I can get! Thanks ❤️

Replies

• altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    I've had four children and had severe morning sickness all through my pregnancies. Now is NOT the time to diet. Eat whatever will stay down and don't worry about anything else until you see your doctor next. Carbs, especially potatoes in any form, were my best friend for nine months with each one!
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Prenatal vitamins were the cause of it for me! I should have taken them at night. Why on a high carb diet now?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    I'm in my second pregnancy now. Honestly, just eat what you can and maybe just do some light walking until you can get past the morning sickness and get clearance from your doctor.
  • It's been high carb because it's all I feel I can eat. I am not vomiting but I am extremely nauseous and can even get eggs or chicken down !! I have been taking my vitamins at night too hoping it would help
  • altogirl2
    altogirl2 Posts: 105 Member
    If you haven't been throwing up, the nausea will probably pass by about week 12 or so. Hang in there, it's worth it!