• musclegood_fatbad
    musclegood_fatbad Posts: 9,809 Member
    Options
    Around $750 a month for two.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm married and have 3 kids (ages 3, 12 and 17). I spend about that much ($600). I live in Mississippi. I will buy whole chickens to roast in oven with lemon. Pork Tenderloin. We have a breakfast night. We have homemade pizza night. I make crust in a bread machine. I cook fresh frozen vegetables as well as fresh broccoli, zucchini, etc.

I try to find a protein that's versatile and not outrageously priced.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    We spend around £100 (probably $175?) a week for 2 adults and 3 kids, although they're young, 5, 3 and 10 months. We rarely eat out and make most meals from scratch. I'm still on maternity leave but I'll take lunch from home when I go back to work, and my 2 youngest will eat at the childminder's. My eldest has lunch at school, which is free. Every child in England gets free school lunch in reception, year 1 and year 2 :)
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    nortonsmom wrote: »
    I would be afraid to add up what we spend on food...we are like you ( 2 adults) We seldom go out and cook real food , nothing that is prepared from a box/frozen etc. If you are doing it for 150 I would like to see your menu!! Food is just expensive!
    I eat real food, I don't know anyone who eats plastic food. ;)

We spend about $600 a month on food, hubby and I, 20 year old son and 16 year old son, not including going out to eat. Florida here.

My 10 month old was chewing on a plastic strawberry yesterday :)
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    $200 a week for a family of four.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I spent $287 and change last week, then I had to go to the store to get another $40 worth of things and I still need milk, brown sugar and molasses... who knew I was out of that? Not me. I only anticipate that this will last us a total of two weeks. I feed myself, my husband and one child (age 6). This includes breakfast (mostly) and dinner. Only lunches that would come out of it are on the weekends. We also eat out at least once a week, though usually twice.

TLDR: Over $300 in groceries every two weeks plus eating out expenses for 2 adults and 1 child.
  • katherinemab
    katherinemab Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We're in the NYC Metro area and spend about $180 for 2 people per week. We cook nearly every meal and eat out maybe once a week.
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I'm in southern AZ and spend about $500 a month for 2 adults and a teenage daughter. I also have a college kid that comes home a couple times a month to grocery shop out of my cabinets and fridge. I'm waiting for the day he shows up with a grocery cart.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    $600 to $700 a month in Northern Virginia, 2 kids (teen & 20-something) currently at home, plus my husband and myself. We just got an Aldi nearby and I'm so happy! I know that I can lower my monthly food bill shopping there, and it's right next to a Trader Joe's.
  • jayla73
    jayla73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I usually can spend 40 to 70 a week if I don't have that much. But if I had some extra money I can easily spend upwards around close to 100. But I also eat vegan so I buy a ton of fruits and veggies and buy all the dry foods in bulk. It has saved me so much money.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    elsie_fair wrote: »
    201501_2021_checg_sm.jpg

Ha Ha! I wouldn't want to look too closely.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    2 active adults + 2 active teenagers = $300/week. We only go out to eat about once a month or so. I prefer home cooked meals over eating out.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    $300-350 a week for a family of 4 in Connecticut.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    about $500 a month for me

Same here, I was thinking that was high for one person but I'm seeing here it's about par with some others.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    $600 to $700 a month in Northern Virginia, 2 kids (teen & 20-something) currently at home, plus my husband and myself. We just got an Aldi nearby and I'm so happy! I know that I can lower my monthly food bill shopping there, and it's right next to a Trader Joe's.

fyi aldis and trader joes are the same company
  • Katgan
    Katgan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Probably $600+ per month for two active adults. We prefer quality over quantity.
  • HTECHS
    HTECHS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    About $100/month for myself in Connecticut.
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Average about 120.00 weekly for 2 adults..Illinois here!
  • ivoluntas
    ivoluntas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just spent 175 yesterday for two weeks worth (me and boyfriend). It's usually over 200 but we cut out alcohol. I would say its mostly due to us not eating as much as we did and there are some good deals going on (Publix). It's a game I like to play each time I go -- seeing how much healthy food I can get under 200 bucks.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Me and my bf purchase our own food. I usually spend about $50-60 every 10 days or so. I don't really have a set grocery shopping day. Mostly I buy chicken breast which is $7- for 16 ounces, amy's light and lean frozen dinners, snacks for the week (pre-packaged), silk milk, greek yogurt, eggs, and bread for breakfast which is usually light thomas english muffins. I've been trying to finish everything I have before I go back to Target to shop.