new start

Options
Starting over again for the millionth time. Every time I start really losing and people notice I blow it and gain it all back. There's a reason behind that but hopefully with help I can get past that and keep it off for good.

Replies

• johnriii
    johnriii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Ex military here who gained almost 50 lbs in my first year out. It's been a struggle since then, and unfortunately, I've gone up and down in weight for the past 20 years. My biggest problem is snacking, or eating out of boredom. Next biggest problem is staying active. Working two jobs keeps my window of opportunity very narrow, so it's hard to stay on track. I joined planet fitness last week, and I've been there every day that I don't work my second job. However, I ate two pb&j last night after work, so that was a setback. I was still under my caloric number, but anyone knows that two of those can't be good. Anyway, maybe this time it will work, my health depends on it.
  • juanita1963
    juanita1963 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I was doing pretty good again recently till my mom passed away a week before Christmas last year, and in the months since that I've put on way too many pounds. But I know I can do it, I've done it before :)
  • shell240288
    shell240288 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hi, im new to this, i cant seem to stick to any diet or exercise at the min, thought having this app and people on here doing the same would help x
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I have that same problem with snacking and eating out of boredom. I workout regularly so I have not put on a lot weight but I am taking it off very very slowly. I have learned portion control but sometimes I just find myself eating mindlessly on stuff I really did not want in the first place. Feel free to add me for motivation and support!!! I have been reading a lot of success stories that have me motivated to be able to want to write my own.