Calorie Advice for my Situation

Options
Hey! I'm new, and looking for some advice...I have read some threads on here on people eating at a deficit and excercising but not losing weight. I definitely don't want to start off on the wrong path, so I just want some input on how many calories I should be eating a day?
I have my current goal set to about 1,750 calories. Now I also do excercise, doing about 45 minutes of weight training 3-4times a week plus 15 minutes of cardio 3 times a week. I'm currently 220 Pounds with a fairly large stomach area and about 30% body fat, male, about 5-11 tall. I've posted my diary on public so let me know if I could be doing anything better? Will this calorie goal + exercise yield weight loss or am I being too overzealous? or worse not doing something optimally? I would appreciate any advice on my diary or approach. I'm just getting started so I don't know if what I'm doing will work or not but I would love to fix something if I am doing it wrong from the beginning rather than after months of no results...Thank for any tips. Or if this is spot on id love confirmation on that as well, either way

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    ^^What he said.

Start with what you've got it at for now, do that for a month, then assess :). Weigh your food, log everything. Often that's where people go wrong, they're not weighing food and just guessing at serving sizes, or using measuring cups for solids which can be quite inaccurate (esp. if they try to cram as much into them as they can!), so they're actually eating more calories than they think.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When you set up MFP, it gave you a number based on the goals you entered. Use that.
  • abel_teklai
    abel_teklai Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks guys!