eating disorder recovery

kbkat7
kbkat7 Posts: 28 Member
anyone on here deal with bulimia? I have been bulimic for two years now and have been in and out of periods of recovery.. currently relapsing a bit and look for some support/help/advice?!

Replies

• Yep, I've had bulimia for past 7 years and I'm trying really hard with my recovery at the moment.
  • I am fullt recovered from mine! If you ever need anything just ask :)
  • kbkat7
    kbkat7 Posts: 28 Member
    @flyfree any tips?!
  • If you ever need someone to talk too, I'm here! I struggled with bulimia for 7 years and am recovered from it now.
  • jessparmley
    jessparmley Posts: 2 Member
    20 years, finally decided it was time to get help! 1st appt on Tues!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Been in recovery from bulimia for 29 years 10 months. For me the key was therapy. And I gave up alcohol.
  • sperkins68
    sperkins68 Posts: 31 Member
    I never have been bulimic but I was anerexic when I was a teen. My mom forced me to get help. I'm in my 30's now and I'm obese and I have 4 girls. My oldest is almost 12 and is self conciouse of her body. I'm trying to lose weight with the help of this app in a healthy way to lead by example for my girls. I don't want any of my girls growing up hateing there bodies the way I did.
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    you can call the National Eating Disorder Association hotline at 1-800-931-2237.
  • 2marsh
    2marsh Posts: 86 Member
    Hey all. Just found this thread. I was intensely bulimic for 13 years, and am now happy and healthy. My recovery isn't perfect (it's a process! a long one...), but I'm getting better every year.
    People can feel free to friend me or contact me for support. Hope this finds you well!