Looking for a weight loss buddy to help keep me accountable.

Options
I have had this app. On my phone for a couple years and use it on and off. I have also joined weight watchers before and got down a lot, but fell off the wagon and food got the best of me. I'm. Ready to start again as I'm 37 and feeling like I'm 80. Everything hurts and I want to get fit and have energy. I'm going to be a grandma at the end of August and want to be healthy for this new chapter in my life. So looking for someone to chat with and help keep me motivated. Thanks.

Replies

• kimberleigh753
    Options
    Hey I'm in the same boat as you. I'm almost 33 and I feel old. My body hurts. I have an almost 2 year old and I want to be a more active parent instead of a couch potato. Im only a week in and I definitely need people to keep me accountable!
  • TeslaRene
    TeslaRene Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have also tried weight watchers and have been off and on on MVP. Got back on a few weeks ago and I am having lots of success. I would love to be your weight loss buddy! Good luck!
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    It's been just over a month I've been back on MFP. I have been having lots of support and that is great. Makes me feel accountable to someone. I'm down 16 pounds, so well on my way to were I want to be. Feeling more energized everyday. Meal planning has been a real key to my success so far. Had a couple days were food got the best of me, but just got back on track the next day and didn't beat myself up over it. Weather is getting nicer, so soon will be able to get bikes out. Hope everyone else is doing great as well.
  • thegenealogists
    thegenealogists Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Amy, pls feel free to add me. I started using mfp in early February. I have lost 13.9 pounds!! I am a 44 yr old divorced mom of six kids, ranging from 8-21. I strive to be healthier and not feel like an old lady. :)
    It has been a challenge to learn healthy eating, but it is paying off. My older children are learning, too. I feel really good, and im so glad to hear you are, too.
    Karla
  • amyoliverhoyles
    amyoliverhoyles Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Is there anything your struggling with? I've been doing great and then had a night last night were I couldn't get full an kept munching until I felt sick. Ughhh.... Back on track this morning but those late night cravings still got the better of me. Do any of you have weak moments and what to you do to overcome them. I could use Some suggestions.
  • 01ninety1995
    01ninety1995 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? Is there anything your struggling with? I've been doing great and then had a night last night were I couldn't get full an kept munching until I felt sick. Ughhh.... Back on track this morning but those late night cravings still got the better of me. Do any of you have weak moments and what to you do to overcome them. I could use Some suggestions.

• 01ninety1995
    01ninety1995 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on becoming a Grandma and on your weight loss. It absolutely is easier to lose when you have a buddy or someone to be accountable for when losing.. My trainer has done that for me, and she helps me stay the course with exercising too. Down 17lbs since Feb 12th. Owe it all to hard work, eating right, and my trainer. Any questions i would be happy to help out.. Paying it forward so to speak.. Good luck. I can't means i won't.