JM Body Revolution results?

Options
Hey, I'm just starting the Jillian Michaels body revolution program. Has anybody else tried it? How did it go?

Replies

• kazala
    kazala Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hey, I started the program on 1st March too. Hoping for good results.
    Would be interested to hear how others have got on innthe past? :-)
  • Ness725
    Ness725 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    kazala wrote: »
    Hey, I started the program on 1st March too. Hoping for good results.
    Would be interested to hear how others have got on innthe past? :-)

Hows your first week going?
  • CrystalRawls
    CrystalRawls Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How's the program going for you? I just started yesterday.
  • itsjustmish
    itsjustmish Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and had good results from it. However, my diet was really on point as well. If you stick to it and watch what you eat then you'll get results, in my opinion! :)
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I purchased it in May of 2013 and started June 1, 2013. I saw such awesome results that I completed the 90 day program 3 times. So in 9 months I lost a total of 15 pounds and a total of 18 inches (total) from everywhere hips, waist, shoulders, arms etc. I loved how much stronger I got with each time I did it. After 3 times I decided I wanted to focus more on lifting so I joined the gym and have been lifting for a year now, and I love that too! But I would recommend Jillians BR to anyone, have borrowed mine out to my sister and I still throw in a dvd here and there when my schedule is tight and I don't have time to get to the gym. Hope this helps. I absolutely loved the program!!

Edited to add that I didn't lose a ton of weight because I simply didn't have that much to lose. I started at 5'8 weighing 154 pounds and lost 15 bringing me down to 139. I didn't want to lose alot of weight to begin with I just wanted to get stronger and better myself physically. I just didn't want someone to discredit the program because I did it 3 times and didn't lose more than 15 lbs. LOL!
  • hollyelise68
    hollyelise68 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3. I did it last year and lost 26 lbs. It is amazing and at week 7 the game changes and you think she is trying to kill you. But, you can do it and so although it is tough it is amazing to watch your body grow. When you do the same workout the 2nd and 3rd time you can see that you can do more each time. I also highly recommend taking measurements. I lost 2 inches off my pouchy area above my waist in three weeks. A lot of people say the scale isnt moving but are losing inches. I guess we really tone muscles on this so dont always see a huge weight loss.
  • unhgoose
    unhgoose Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I did it last year and had good luck. It made me feel so strong. I have lower back problems, and this program really strengthened my core and got rid of the pain.
    I'm actually going to start doing it again this week. Though I'm starting on weeks 5/6.

In term of weight loss I'm fairly close to my goal and I'd lost 5 lbs, but everything was toned and tightened and looked great. Now I need to loose that 5 lb that crept back on over xmas and a kitchen renovation and hopefully I'll loose another 5 on top of that.
  • pink00007
    pink00007 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I did it a while ago and really saw results after doing it for a month but didn't finish.
    I just restarted on 3/10 and it's kicking my butt!!
  • herculean1982
    herculean1982 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've done it once right the way through and it was great, lost a good 16 pounds, now doing a 'half' version of it with one week for each two sets of workouts. The best thing about it is how much stronger you get. Recommend to anyone, but second what someone said above your diet has to be spot on as well.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've yet to find another similar program that I like as much, so I'm back for round two. Currently in weeks 5/6.
  • deastwood78
    deastwood78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I actually just started this on Monday, 3/23 so I'm encouraged to read these result postings as well.
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow so if you're currently doing BR feel free to add me as a friend for motivation :)
  • pink00007
    pink00007 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I started on March 9th.
    How's everyone else doing with it?
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I did 2 rounds of the body revolution and really loved the results. If you stay committed and follow the meal plan, you will see results. I have done several of her 30 day and 6 weeks dvds. I have also done some beach body so I stay pretty consistent with exercise and healthy eating. Good luck everyone!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I start Week 5 today. So far I really do like it and can tell I'm losing inches; clothes are fitting looser. I am not following her meal plan, but am eating healthier and tracking on MFP.
  • hmrey76
    hmrey76 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I start Week 5 today. So far I really do like it and can tell I'm losing inches; clothes are fitting looser. I am not following her meal plan, but am eating healthier and tracking on MFP.

pretty much the same thing. I am 1/2 through W4. I notice clothes fitting better without following her meal plan. I am doing TDEE - 15% because I only have 12 lbs left to lose! :) I love JM! I have done alot of her videos and by far this is my fav! I have also tried Beachbody stuff and it is too hard on my joints.

• UmmSulaimaan
    UmmSulaimaan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on to week 11/12 on Sunday and finds it grueling. I when 2 weeks is over I'm irritability dying to move on!! Stronger yes and core that I never had peeping though. I supplement allot with weights kettlebells and PIYO .. But I'll probably do a half program too again as 12 weeks feels too long for me. Those of you who have finished; what did you do after?
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm on to week 11/12 on Sunday and finds it grueling. I when 2 weeks is over I'm irritability dying to move on!! Stronger yes and core that I never had peeping though. I supplement allot with weights kettlebells and PIYO .. But I'll probably do a half program too again as 12 weeks feels too long for me. Those of you who have finished; what did you do after?

@UmmSulaimaan Thanks for the input. I have a ways to go but enjoying it so far. May I ask what is PIYO? I know of another person that is doing this program, but I am not familiar with it. I am curious too as to what exercises to do after Body Revolution.
  • FitWithVic
    FitWithVic Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm really enjoying BR, I've completed it once before but I don't think I was as quite dedicated as JM would have liked. Just completed my 10th BR workout and will be interesting moving on next week! I feel bad thinking about what I'm going to do after as I still have a way to go with BR but heard good things about Focus T25, anyone done this?
  • UmmSulaimaan
    UmmSulaimaan Posts: 20 Member
    Options

@UmmSulaimaan Thanks for the input. I have a ways to go but enjoying it so far. May I ask what is PIYO? I know of another person that is doing this program, but I am not familiar with it. I am curious too as to what exercises to do after Body Revolution.

It is a beachbody program that Charlean extreme does. Primarily body weight by very challenging. A combination of Pilated and yoga..