Quiche recipes?

Options
I'm looking to make my first quiche. Any delicious recipes to share? I'm open-minded as long as it's healthy and keeps well in a refrigerator for a few days of breakfast.

Replies

• shannonichole
    shannonichole Posts: 126
    Options
    I used to make 4500 quiche a day at a previous job (now I only make it occasionally) so hopefully this will help! Let me know if you need any more ideas! Happy Baking! :flowerforyou:

<b>Pate Brisee:</b>
    2.5 (2 1/2) Cups All-Purpose Flour
    1Tablespoon White Sugar
    1 Cup butter cut into small cubes
    1/4 (.25) Cup ice water

Mix the flour, salt, and sugar. In a food processor, add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal (about 15 seconds). Don't over mix the butter!! Pour 1/4 cup water in a slow, steady stream, through the feed tube until the dough just holds together when pinched. Add remaining water, if necessary. Do not process more than 30 seconds. If you don't have a food processor you can cut in the butter using a fork.

Separate into two flat disks and wrap with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow the gluten to relax.

Unwrap. Roll out to fit into an 8 or 9 inch pan or tart shell.

Prebake the tart shell by putting good quality plastic wrap (or I guess parchment paper would work) in the pie and filling with dried pinto/other beans. Bake till golden brown at 350 degree. About 15 minutes.

<b>Egg Custard:</b>
    Egg or egg product, enough to cover veggie/meat filling
    Skim Milk about 1/2 cup (or traditionally heavy cream)
    Salt, pepper, and garlic to taste (just whisk it in)

<b>Harvest quiche:</b>
    (Don't worry about cooking the veggies)
    Zucchini, grated
    Squash, grated
    Tomatoes, finely diced
    Onions, Diced
    Swiss cheese
    maybe lightly coked bell peppers? Yum!

<b>Quiche Lorraine:</b>
    Carmelized onions
    Bacon (cookes, and diced)
    Asiago
    S, P to taste

<b>Spinach Quiche:</b>
    Spinach
    Swiss cheese
    Diced tomatoes are good in it too

<b>Diced Ham and Swiss Quiche</b>

If you don't want to make the shell, You can make a thick frittata instead with all the ingredients. Just make it in a baking dish.
  • Crasylady52
    Options
    I love quiche!! I make this recipe all the time! 6 eggs, 1 cup 2% cheese (any kind you like, I love cheddar/monzarella) 1 cup skim milk, salt and pepper to taste (I also put garlic powder in mine but you don't have to). Mix it with mixer, pour in a Pam sprayed baking dish. bake 350 for 30-45 minutes or until golden brown. Insert knife to make sure it comes out clean. Let sit for 10 minutes to set. Let me know if you like it.
  • cwalshcm
    cwalshcm Posts: 9
    Options
    Here's my no crust quiche, I switch up the meat or cheese depending on what is left over, very easy.

Preheat oven to 350

Ingre:
    4 eggs
    1 cup n/f milk
    2 TBS white flour
    2 TBS chopped onion (if you like)
    1 cup lite cheese grated
    2 oz ham
    salt, pepper, and a dash of nutmeg

I spray a 9 inch pie pan with non stick spray
    mix grated cheese, ham, onion and flour
    put in the bottom of the pan
    mix eggs and milk with seasoning
    pour over meat mixture
    bake 35 - 40 mins (I use a toothpick or smooth knife in center, should come out clean)
    I sometimes use spinach and no ham
    Also, can be baked in 4 custard cups for individual servings (I do better with individuals servings)
    you can put a dash of hot sauce in mixture also if you like. Easy recipe, play with the ingredients!