How much money do you spend on food?

Options
124»

Replies

• sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I really don't track very closely. I would estimate for my husband and I we spend $200 - $250 per week (that includes eating out).
  • njfitnessmom
    njfitnessmom Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 5yr old and 10 yr old) and I spend about $150-170 per week on groceries. We do cook a lot and very seldom go out to eat. I buy a lot of chicken and ground turkey and tons of fruits and veggies. Hubby most of the time packs his lunch and I always do. I also pack lunches for the kids for school days. I try to do a lot of meal planning and I also like to make my own snacks for the kids rather than buying all the junk at the supermarket. I bake my own cookies and brownies from www.skinnytaste.com and half the time the kids don't even know they're healthy. I also make my own granola bites for post workouts or on-the-go snacks.
  • landersen123
    landersen123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Around $160/week for myself, my partner and our kitty cat living in the Midwest... This is a combo of both groceries/household items/booze/eating out. We could spend less, especially on the dining out options...