pseudotumor cerebri

Options
I have just been diagnosed with a condition called pseudotumor cerebri. I was wondering if anybody else here had this and how you are doing with it. I have read that it can be brought on by gaining a lot of weight (and I did when I was pregnant with my last baby) but losing weight can help a lot with it.

Replies

• twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had a bout of this when I was in my early 20's, most painful months of my life. Thankfully mine didn't seem to be long term. I went for 2 lumbar punctures, it took 4 weeks for my sight to come back. I was given a hypertension drug (I can't recall the name of it) and I took it for 2-3 years and I haven't had a relapse. (thank goodness!)

I was overweight during that time, but at the time I could have sworn it was brought on because I was smoking (quite heavily) and taking ortho-tricyclen at the same time. :embarassed:
  • Kph0110
    Kph0110 Posts: 1
    Options
    I also have pseudotumor cerebri.
    I have had 15 spinal taps and I also had a shunt placed in 2012 that does not work to control my pressure.

24816569.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • starfish0317
    starfish0317 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How are you doing now in regards to the Pseudo Tumor and treatment?
  • Lunasash
    Lunasash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Kph0110 wrote: »
    I also have pseudotumor cerebri.
    I have had 15 spinal taps and I also had a shunt placed in 2012 that does not work to control my pressure.

24816569.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Have you seen the research for the stenting?