Weekends!

Options
Hiya!

I am finally getting my act together and using MFP properly. Does anyone else struggle more on weekends or on full days not at work with sticking to your food/exercise goals?

I am finding this weekend really difficult!

Replies

• Foxerlina
    Foxerlina Posts: 51
    Options
    Yes. Without fail, each weekend, I screw up my diet. DOES MY HEAD IN!!!!
  • harmonikki
    harmonikki Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yes, I always find the weekends to be difficult for me, because i'm away from my routine...M-F is so easy cause I have a set routine and schedule and my meals are planned out that morning or the night before...weekends i'm free to do whatever, and then you have family get togethers, haning out with friends, eating on the road, etc....so I try not to beat myself up to much on the weekends...I just try to use as much self control as I can, but allow myself a small indulgence if necissary to get thru the weekend...My biggest motivator is just trying not to undo all the good work I did during the week...my first week I totally did that and it took me 2 weeks to bounce back, so that motivated me even more to be more cautious on the weekends...And my fiance is doing this with me, which helps mostly, except he tend to live a little on the weekends, so we both work harder to motivate eachother!
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    When I started, I figured weekends were going to be the worst for me because my husband is off work and I'm not in school. I set my weigh-ins for Sunday mornings so I would be good on Saturdays. It totally worked. I allow myself slack on Sundays after my weigh in, but usually I feel motivated to do well because I'm encouraged by my weight. Then Monday it's back to the grind! It works like a charm.
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The hard part for me on the weekends is an issue with eating out. Normally we go out to dinner for 'date night' Friday or Saturday night, and so many restaurants are horrible for you!! Before we go out, I look up the menu/nutritional information for that restaurant so I can stick to my guns. For example, last weekend we went to Don Pablo's, and I had a great meal for just over 500 calories! Check out my Food Diary for dinner on Sat May 7.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yes, weekends and days off are the hardest. Like someone said it is easier to plan your meals and snacks around a work schedule. I have started to weigh myself on Friday a.m. just for the number and my actual weigh in day is Monday. Two things - it helps me to stay focused knowing what I weigh on Friday and not want to undo all the work I have done during the week and knowing I have to enter the actual weigh-in on Monday helps me to stay focused throughout the weekend. I stil indulge but watch my portions and watch how often I indulge and what I indulge in. As an example, I would get 3-4 specialty coffees every weekend (i.e. McCafe - frappes or caramel mocha, etc.). Now I make my coffee at home on weekends with my FF cream and artifical sweetener. I would rather indulge at a restaurant than on coffee. Good Luck...
  • beckihadfield87
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies, it is nice to know it isn't just me who struggles with the weeknd. Thanks for the tips too! i may change my weigh in day to Monday so that I am not tempted!

Thanks!