Help for chocolate cravings

Options
If you have a craving for chocolate try one of the Fiber One 90 calorie bars. They are loaded with flavor, fiber and chocolate but low in calories (90) and sugar. Love these in the evening with a cup of decaf coffee. Feels like a decadent treat. Some of the other bars are good too but most have more calories, etc. I am not a fan of the Special K chocolate cereal - not much chocolate flavor there. Also chocolate soy milk is good just make sure you get the low cal kind but they do have more sugar than the 90 calorie bars.

Replies

• harmonikki
    harmonikki Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I find that the Reisen Candies help me with my chocolate cravings...a serving is 4 pieces, but I usually can do 2-3 and i'm satisfied...i'm a big Chocoholic...but that really seems to help...
  • widgitwoo
    widgitwoo Posts: 19
    Options
    the slim fast bars are really good too, the carmel one is like eating a mini mars bar thats only 95 calories and the heavenly chocolate - think thats what it was called - is amazing!!
  • Fernandomike
    Fernandomike Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you have a craving for chocolate try one of the Fiber One 90 calorie bars. They are loaded with flavor, fiber and chocolate but low in calories (90) and sugar. Love these in the evening with a cup of decaf coffee. Feels like a decadent treat. Some of the other bars are good too but most have more calories, etc. I am not a fan of the Special K chocolate cereal - not much chocolate flavor there. Also chocolate soy milk is good just make sure you get the low cal kind but they do have more sugar than the 90 calorie bars.

I love these. They're a great substitute. Also, both Kroger and Publix have their own cheaper brands which are essentially the same in flavor and nutrition as Fiber One.
  • fitzie63
    fitzie63 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Fiber One also has a 90 calorie chocolate brownie that's very good too. You can buy them at COSTCO in a large box. Since I'm alone, that box will last me all year, lol.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Nature Valley Granola Thins Dark Chocolate - they are small but really tasty and being so small I am careful and take longer to eat so I can enjoy more. 80 Cals 4G Fat 11G Carb 1G protein
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Not on the high end of chocolate but a Hershey kiss can do wonders to calm a chocolate craving. I just let it melt in my mouth and voila--craving gone. Most times I just have one sometimes 2 or 3, but at 22 calories a piece, you can't beat it for an instant fix.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Check the nut aisle for cocoa dusted almonds (I think Emerald? makes them). Also the Lindt and Ghiradelli dark chocolate bars are yummy (2 squares are more than enough and you get real chocolate).
  • kittybitz79
    kittybitz79 Posts: 213
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding and chocolate mouse are great to curb the cravings.
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds so yummy ...bump
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Also the Hershey's dark chocolate pieces...( In a bag , like M&M's) are only 180 calories for 50 pieces . Helps stop my cravings ...buy at Walmart...
  • potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have managed to keep real chocolate as part of my diet. I get high quality dark chocolate, for instance I love the Lindt &Sprungli Intense Orange bars. Just count in the calories.

I also use Adora dark chocolate calcium supplements. It's amazingly good chocolate, especially if you allow it to melt in your mouth and only 30 calories per piece and for some of us a necessary supplement.