Baked goods

Options
justjack18
justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
i love to bake! What are your favorite recipes for better baked goods? I've done he black bean brownies and pumpkin cake and both are amazing. Also home made bars?

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    justjack18 wrote: »
    i love to bake! What are your favorite recipes for better baked goods? I've done he black bean brownies and pumpkin cake and both are amazing. Also home made bars?

Define "better" baked goods, because I've had black bean brownies and they were definitely not better than regular brownies...
  • justjack18
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Define "better" baked goods, because I've had black bean brownies and they were definitely not better than regular brownies...
    Healthier lol

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Guinness Cake. Guinness is all kinds of good for you, you know.
  • KatiAuchinleck
    KatiAuchinleck Posts: 101 Member
    Options

I'd rather have less of the "real" thing to be honest. Every healthy version I've tried just somehow doesn't measure up to the draw of real butter and sugar. Hmmm, imagine that!
  • justjack18
    Options

I'd rather have less of the "real" thing to be honest. Every healthy version I've tried just somehow doesn't measure up to the draw of real butter and sugar. Hmmm, imagine that!
    Yeah it depends on the recipe some of them are good. Trying to sneak in some fiber in them too.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

^^^This. I would rather have the real dessert and just find ways to work it into my day or week. Substitutions, in my opinion, never measure up.

• missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big baker, but one of my co-workers makes these chocolate cookies that use avocado in place of butter (and eggs, I think) and they are amazing!
  • amw1919
    amw1919 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been experimenting with "raw" vegan baking - it's not really baking since there's no oven involved but it's interesting to see how you can still make treats that are just as yummy using fresh ingredients! Here's an awesome website to check out: http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/p/recipes.html#.VQm8z2TF8rO
  • justjack18
    Options
    Awesome thanks
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I started making bread out of the spent grains from brewing beer. Each loaf has different personality based on whatever beer I brewed, plus it's frickin' amazing in terms of taste and texture. Also, I'm just very impressed that an idiot like myself is able to make his own bread.
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I totally agree! I'd rather have half a piece of delicious {insert dessert here} than have something that's stevia filled. To be clear, not because I'm against Sugar Subs, but because I think it tastes gross. So I'll make something in a cupcake pan instead of an actual cake pan to cut up the portion sizes: These are Lemon Brownies!
    Cals 107, Fat 1, Carbs 23, Protein 2.1
    15%2B-%2B1

Recently I've been tinkering around with protein desserts... like, protein scones and the like. My most successful batch was Banana Nutella Protein Muffins!
    Cals. 138, Fat. 3.4, Carbs 18.9, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 6.4, Prot 8.9!
    IMG_3731.JPG
  • justjack18
    Options
    Those look good!!!! I like stevia, but not in baked goods...
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    amw1919 wrote: »

Her stuff can be healthier... but sometimes not! LOL
  • justjack18
    Options
    mscheftg wrote: »
    amw1919 wrote: »

Her stuff can be healthier... but sometimes not! LOL
    Some things looked to good to be true lol
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love to bake and I'm really good at it. Now with the diet and having to watch my sugar intake for medical reasons, I really want to bake. So once a week, I make peanut-butter-pumpkin dog cookies. Boy, the dogs really love me now.
  • LaTieya
    LaTieya Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! I'd rather have half a piece of delicious {insert dessert here} than have something that's stevia filled. To be clear, not because I'm against Sugar Subs, but because I think it tastes gross. So I'll make something in a cupcake pan instead of an actual cake pan to cut up the portion sizes: These are Lemon Brownies!
    Cals 107, Fat 1, Carbs 23, Protein 2.1
    15%2B-%2B1

Recently I've been tinkering around with protein desserts... like, protein scones and the like. My most successful batch was Banana Nutella Protein Muffins!
    Cals. 138, Fat. 3.4, Carbs 18.9, Fiber 2.6, Sugar 6.4, Prot 8.9!
    IMG_3731.JPG

Looks good
  • burnsjulia
    burnsjulia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What about fruit pies? You can limit the extra sugars with whatever's really in season. Vegan pumpkin pies with tofu can be fairly healthy too - just double (or more) up your spices since you don't have all the fat to help carry the flavor.
  • justjack18
    Options
    burnsjulia wrote: »
    What about fruit pies? You can limit the extra sugars with whatever's really in season. Vegan pumpkin pies with tofu can be fairly healthy too - just double (or more) up your spices since you don't have all the fat to help carry the flavor.
    Never thought to make pie. Though I would want to eat so much. Usually when I make cookies I freeze them all and then have one or two a night.