i need breakfast ideas

Options
Can anybody give me some good breakfast ideas High in fiber low in carbs')

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Veggies - add veggies to an omelet.

Greek yogurt with raspberries. Yes, both have carbs but not too many.

• jeffd247
    jeffd247 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Here's my go to breakfast meals (because they are fast). You'll have to decide if they qualify as "low carb"

1. Fried Egg and Avocado on a peice of 100% whole wheat toast.

2. 4 egg omlette (2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites), with whatever you can find to put inside that you like. I like mushrooms, thin sliced ham, etc.

3. Ham, Egg and shredded low fat cheese on a toasted whole wheat English muffin (you can cook spray down a ramekin with Pam and nuke the egg in less time that it will take you to toast the whole wheat English muffin.

By the way, I like the pre-packaged Hillshire farms deli ham. It's low calorie, and comes in a little tupperware container that I can re-use. I am sure it's packed with sodium and probably not real ham... but who cares? It's ossum and like 10 calories per slice.

I also like Olivio butter spray. It tastes like butter and has virtually no calories. Again it's probably really just terpentine in a bottle but I'm in a rush in the morning so it works for me!
  • lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Well, for my breakfast I always make a fruit smoothie. But I've been wanting to make mini omelets in a cupcake tin that I saw an idea for on Pinterest. Put in whatever ingredients you want, I'd do broccoli, tomato, spinach and a little cheese then pour the egg on top, and bake...not sure how long off the top of my head. Looks good and easy for a weekday before work.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    smari icelandic pure whole milk yogurt
  • JamieJam1102
    JamieJam1102 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I like doing Breakfast burritos with low carb tortilla: Egg whites (or if I'm feeling crazy a poached egg - yummm), bacon or sausage, black beans, and some type of cheese - 2% sharp cheddar usually tastes the best in my opinion. High in fiber and protein... and not toooooo bad on carbs - 32 with the way that I make them. The other macros are at: 282 cals, 8.8 fat, fiber 10, protein 25.6
  • simpsonkris
    Options
    Low sodium Ezekiel bread with mashed avocado, hard boiled egg with sriracha. So good!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    quest bar
  • jazzandbill
    jazzandbill Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    dolankim32 wrote: »
    Can anybody give me some good breakfast ideas High in fiber low in carbs')
    good question.. so far all i eat is oatmeal with bananas or apples.. but looking for recipes too..

• jazzandbill
    jazzandbill Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well, for my breakfast I always make a fruit smoothie. But I've been wanting to make mini omelets in a cupcake tin that I saw an idea for on Pinterest. Put in whatever ingredients you want, I'd do broccoli, tomato, spinach and a little cheese then pour the egg on top, and bake...not sure how long off the top of my head. Looks good and easy for a weekday before work.

this sounds like a good recipe.. i normally used to make them with ham but this way will have more veggies and more filling too..

• VBJONLY
    VBJONLY Posts: 25
    Options
    Oat bran is very high in fiber. I like Hodgson Mill in which I purchase at Kroger...Dietary Fiber 6g, Soluble Fiber 3g & Total Carbs is 23g which is only 7% of your daily value.
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I do these a lot. I usually make a whole tray of them at once stick them in the fridge and have 2-3 of them for breakfast
  • dolankim32
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the awesome ideas") breakfast is my favorit meal and I need to loose 20 pounds so my Dr tells me!!!! :p