1,5 mile run time

Options
I just ran 1.5 mile for the first time, I don't run really, like ever. I go the gym and stuff but I have just got an interview for the army which I will need to do it in 14 mins however it took me 15, how can I improve two minutes? Just practise? I have two weeks to train. Also is that a good time because I don't know whether in being to hard on myself because in pretty disappointed. I'm 5'2 and weight around 9 and half stone I think

Replies

• yasminwild28
    Options
    Practice you WILL improve. I joined the neavy and had a HORRIBLE time with running. I had 1530 to run and when I did my last run I did it in 1448 while in basic they will train you hard. So keep up the PT and you will get faster!
  • slideaway1
    slideaway1 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I run 1.5 mile in around 9 minutes to give you some scale. But that is irrelevant really as we are all different and have different goals. Like anything, the way to get better at something is to keep doing it. I think that it would be beneficial to train by running for two miles. By training above your distance, 1.5 will begin to feel slightly easier by comparison. Also add some speed work, interval training. Best of luck.
  • freddyo33
    Options
    Time the first mile if you see your time is good to make under 14 min keep up the pace if not push it harder on the last 1/2 mile.