fitness tracker help

Options
I'm highly considering getting a fitness tracker. I'm currently torn between the jaw bone up move and the fit bit flex. I like the price point on the move, but I figure fitbit is popular for a reason. Does anyone have any pros and cons of either? What's the real battery life on these things?

Replies

• jmac4263
    jmac4263 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I have a fit bit, I have the flex. I do not know about the jaw bone but what I can tell you about the flex is this:
    The app and online dashboard are super helpful even for the basic that is free. you can track steps, food, water, sleep, other exercises and it will also tell you calories burned vs calories in. It tells you a time line of your day when you step the most.
    You can get bands of multiple colors and they are durable. My tracker battery will last a week at least and i normally plug it in at night when I sleep.
    They have newer ones out but this one does what I need and I love it.
  • TCT2015
    TCT2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally I didn't want anything on my wrist and I don't care about my sleep (not like I can change it) so I meant with the Fitbit Zip... and now I'm so glad I did I love this lil thing :)

My daughter had the flex for about a year but she knocked it off her wrist several times and she wanted a heart rate monitor so she just moved up to the ChargeHR and gave her hubby her flex.... He LOVES it and she LOVES her chargeHR, I know she swears by Fitbit....

PS the Dashboard is way nice.... and works well with MFP
  • ShanitaMarie85
    ShanitaMarie85 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit charge HR! It's syncs very well with MFP and the Heart monitor lets me know exactly how many calories I'm burning in my workout. A lot of my friends have if so we do a lot of competitions to see who can get the most steps!
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I prefer not to have a tracker that is on my wrist so I have the Fitbit One. I've had it for a couple years and love it. The iphone and the online apps are both great. I've known a few people who have jawbones and they like them but find the shape of the wristband uncomfortable.
  • rjsnau
    rjsnau Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Another vote for fitbit! I had the flex but had some problems with it after a few months. It stopped charging. I returned it and got the zip thinking it would hold me off till the Apple watch but I fell in love with the Zip and am really disappointed in the Apple watch so I am going to stick with the Zip. I really like not having something on my wrist all the time and believe it is more accurate if you are doing an activity like shopping since the wrist trackers are not accurate when you are pushing a cart. In the end it is all about what you want/need. All the trackers have their own advantages/disadvantages.
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I actually returned my Jawbone. I started using the step count on the iPhone. Unfortunately I've slacked off for the past 6 months and now my steps aren't counting anymore. I don't know if it's a conflict between Map My Walk and My Fitness Tracker or what. I am considering the iWatch because of all the fitness aspects. I also haven't worn my heart rate monitor in 6 months either.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I'm highly considering getting a fitness tracker. I'm currently torn between the jaw bone up move and the fit bit flex. I like the price point on the move, but I figure fitbit is popular for a reason. Does anyone have any pros and cons of either? What's the real battery life on these things?

I have a Jawbone UP24 (not the Move, which is newer) and a Fitbit Flex. They each need to be charged weekly.

I love Jawbone's app, but their customer service is awful. My UP24 died last month, and I'm still waiting for a replacement.
  • thanoshp
    thanoshp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the up 24 and it works great. The app is really helpful and intuitive. I am going to get the up 3 when it comes out because I would like the heart rate feature and it's supposed to track the type of exercise that you are doing and it does resting heart