What is your opinion on eating meat and/or animal products?

Options
benefiting
benefiting Posts: 795 Member
edited March 2015 in Chit-Chat
Hi, I just finished watching a video about a woman and her experience on becoming a vegetarian. It was truly horrible as she had witness the death of her animals in order to feed a family. I felt so sad watching her speak and show pictures about them.

What I wanted to know was your personal opinion on this matter. I am not completely educated on this topic so feel free to give me information or correct me if you wish but didn't our ancestors kill for meat? Do you think we have just become more senstive to the sitution as our generations went on or are we suppose to be above what say a lion would do to survive?

P.S Sorry if I placed this in the wrong category. I'm not sure if I should of put it in this one or the food/nutrition one.

Replies

• davesgalforever
    davesgalforever Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I raise and slaughter a cow every year. I'd much rather eat the meat of something I cared for. I have seen some pretty horrific videos of the conditions and abuse cows endure and feel good knowing my cow had a good life.
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    They are delicious
  • iamangrydoug
    iamangrydoug Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    They taste delicious.
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    Meat. fish, foul, veggies, fruit, etc. is all there to be eaten and enjoyed.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I don't eat too much red meat...but I love eating meat.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I was watching and sooo hoping this was going to turn into a brawl -- anything about certain specific diets usually does.. >:)
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    No brawl's here, you just have to follow a system of healthy eating instead of any one diet:
    http://www.active.com/nutrition/articles/eat-like-a-pro-endurance-athlete
  • rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I live in a farm/ranch community. Most of the cattle are treated fine... and are not always in small pens as some think. They are kept in a smaller area when calving to keep a better eye on them and help with births when larger they are moved to a large pasture, moved to a picked corn/bean field.... they are considered a product and not a pet (mostly). You just have to remember this is a job to them.