Lifting Heavy to develop your curves....

Options
RoundDoz
RoundDoz Posts: 72 Member
I need to develop this squishy flab and get my curves uplifted and set in place. Im thinking heavy lifting will do the trick. Anybody with advice on this? Am I thinking correctly? Where/how should I began if so? Any before and after? Whats a realistic time frame to see MAJOR change? i have a lot of flab but not tons. I went from 170 to 140/145ish

Replies

• Pixeebug
    Pixeebug Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump. I want to see response on this.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    lifting will definitely help.

Programs to research:
    Stronglifts 5x5
    ICF 5x5
    Strong Curves
    New Rules of Lifting

It'll take a while to see "major" changes but in a few weeks, you'll start noticing a curve on your bicep, a more visible muscle on your calf, a slightly perkier tush, etc.

As for before & after:

I started at 172# in Jan 2012, dropped to 140#. Picked up lifting in November 2012 and I've been lifting since. I'm 10# heavier now, not all of it is muscle (since I stopped logging for a few months and tried my hand at maintenance, would have worked out if I didn't have a slight binging problem). But I'm wearing almost all the same clothes as I did when I was 140# (Except 1 dress. too tight across my shoulders)

Slightly better after:

Lifting has made me a stronger and faster runner as well. And more confident in my career.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I've always been fairly hourglass but lifting has certainly helped me get taut and tight again as I lost the excess 50lbs from calorie defecit

I've got shots on my profile from about 8 months in ...and think it's pretty good for a 47 year old mum of 2 who spent 20 years as a chronically lazy couch potato ...I think a marked improvement within 4 months though

The programmes mentioned are frequently recommended on here
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    thanks guys. im starting my heavy lifting in a few weeks:)
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    hiya yes lifting will help a lot but also do some cardio towards the end of a lifting cycle as you will need to eat more protene to maintain the muscle you develope.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    ok:)