Almost there, but need some helpful tips!

Options
Hello all,

So to make a long story short; I am skinny fat! And I don't like it!

I have dropped 50lbs previously to MFP and am now VERY CLOSE to my goal weight of 110-108lbs. (either or will do, the 2lbs really wont make the difference)

Don't get me wrong! I love myself and I am SO PROUD of my accomplishments. I failed and got up about 100 times. So now I am reaching out for some advice.

stats:
Height- 5'2" - 5'3"
Weight- 113Lbs
Activity: lightly active

Workout routine:
-Mon, Wed, Fri- full body weight training for 30mins
-Tues, Thurs- 45 mins of Jillian Michael Banish Fat Boost Metabolism (i just LOVE her videos)

Daily intake before exercise: 1333 (which is my BMR, I don't believe in eating under it)
I eat back all my exercise calories!

so what i need help with is! I am trying to lose some inches and tone, so i have some visible muscle. I am not sure if i should be eating more. or stay at my deflect. or raise it. I do not have access to a gym but I do have many dumbbells at home, up to 50lbs. and i do use some of them with my exercises.

I just started this exercise routine Monday, and i really like it so i'm hoping i can stick with it to achieve my goals.

My goal is to be in great shape by July (family reunion) And blow everyone away!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you! :D

Replies

• Abs_and_Kitties
    Abs_and_Kitties Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kandell
    kandell Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Maybe don't eat back your exercise calories? If you're looking to lose weight, you have to be in a defecit.

If you're looking to just build muscle and tone up, you could try eating at maintenance with lots of protein and heavy lifting.
  • JustMe2691
    JustMe2691 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Look online for some strength training routines. There are a number of different routines on bodybuilding.com as well as other sites. There is one on labrada.com called Lean Body for Her. It's a progressive routine that increases the weights trained with.
  • Abs_and_Kitties
    Options
    Weight loss isn't my number one goal anymore. I am so close to my goal that it will come in time ( i suppose) I want to be on a track where i am toning up and losing my last few pounds, whatever they may be. I don't think me not eating back my exercise calories is a good idea. I am pretty active with my job, and at school, and i think it would cause some serious fatigue.

But thank you! :)
  • Abs_and_Kitties
    Options
    JustMe2691 wrote: »
    Look online for some strength training routines. There are a number of different routines on bodybuilding.com as well as other sites. There is one on labrada.com called Lean Body for Her. It's a progressive routine that increases the weights trained with.

Oh! I'll look into it! thank you very much!

• GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I would say to eat at maintenance or just below it if you're not concerned with weight loss any more. I don't know any of the science to back that up, just personal experience. From August to now, I ate around maintenance 90% of the time and have lost about 5 pounds but my measurements are shrinking.

In this picture I was about 145
    fzk0p9smz3wt.jpg

In this one I am about 141
    sexyoon0lazq.jpg

I started doing Stronglifts 5x5 a few weeks after the first picture was taken and I stopped focusing on weight loss and more on strength gain. Again, no real science to back it up, just my experience. Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Abs_and_Kitties
    Options
    GothyFaery wrote: »
    I would say to eat at maintenance or just below it if you're not concerned with weight loss any more. I don't know any of the science to back that up, just personal experience. From August to now, I ate around maintenance 90% of the time and have lost about 5 pounds but my measurements are shrinking.

In this picture I was about 145
    fzk0p9smz3wt.jpg

In this one I am about 141
    sexyoon0lazq.jpg

I started doing Stronglifts 5x5 a few weeks after the first picture was taken and I stopped focusing on weight loss and more on strength gain. Again, no real science to back it up, just my experience. Congrats on your weight loss!

Thank you very much. I have had a few people tell me to do that. So I probably will end up doing it!
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Hi, well done with your weight loss. Now is time to sculpt. To get the body you want you are going to need to increase muscle mass and reduce body fat. You say you are 'skinny fat' so you either have muscles covered with a layer of fat so they don't show, or you lack muscle mass. I would suggest a progressive lifting programme. Depending on your knowledge you can either hire a pt to suggest a routine, or scour youtube where you can find lots of routines and advice. Remember youtube is available to everyone so not all the advice is good!

The other thing is to lower your body fat percentage. I am no expert on the nutrition part of it but from what I understand counting calories is all about weight loss but where the weight comes from is all about the macros. Up the protein and carbs and lower the fat. (As I say, I'm new to this but that's my understanding.)

I love lifting heavy. I am loosing weight very slowly but am beginning to see some tightening and definition. lighter and tighter! Can't argue with that!

Enjoy
  • Abs_and_Kitties
    Options
    Hi, well done with your weight loss. Now is time to sculpt. To get the body you want you are going to need to increase muscle mass and reduce body fat. You say you are 'skinny fat' so you either have muscles covered with a layer of fat so they don't show, or you lack muscle mass. I would suggest a progressive lifting programme. Depending on your knowledge you can either hire a pt to suggest a routine, or scour youtube where you can find lots of routines and advice. Remember youtube is available to everyone so not all the advice is good!

The other thing is to lower your body fat percentage. I am no expert on the nutrition part of it but from what I understand counting calories is all about weight loss but where the weight comes from is all about the macros. Up the protein and carbs and lower the fat. (As I say, I'm new to this but that's my understanding.)

I love lifting heavy. I am loosing weight very slowly but am beginning to see some tightening and definition. lighter and tighter! Can't argue with that!

Enjoy

Thank you!
  • PurdueGuy2001
    PurdueGuy2001 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
    Bumping 13 minutes after posting? Hmm.