Is this normal?

Options
Hi,

Been calorie tracking for around 2 weeks now! Have not lost any weight but I am nearly certain my clothes are already fitting better?

Is this possible or just my mind trying to be kind?

Replies

• Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for a while now, and I've often gone down inches without seeing a change on the scale. I'm sure someone could tell us why! Lol.
  • nwppwn
    nwppwn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's possible, that's a NSV (non scale victory)... you're clothes are starting to fit better which means you're losing fat. The scale will catch up.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Yep! I went through that at first too. I dropped some measurements before I dropped some lbs. It will catch up :)
  • francesca5253
    Options
    You might be putting on muscle. So you might be toning and tightening so your clothes feel tighter but as muscle weights more than fat your weight will stay the same.
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm there too. I've only lost 4lbs but I think my clothes are fitting much better and I'm looking leaner. Beyond a doubt I am feeling great!!
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was kinda wondering this myself. :)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    You might be putting on muscle. So you might be toning and tightening so your clothes feel tighter but as muscle weights more than fat your weight will stay the same.

That phrasing is going to get you in trouble with the board trolls.

A pound of muscle weighs exactly the same as a pound of fat. It will just take up less space. At the same volume, muscle will weigh more than fat because it is more dense.

OP - after only two weeks, odds are it's mostly water weight you've lost, so you're less bloated. If you've never, ever worked out before, you could be putting on a bit of muscle, but it's difficult to put on significant muscle mass when eating in a calorie deficit.
  • melg51
    melg51 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great! Thanks everyone.. Even if I can't see it on the scale it's nice to feel like some progress has been made!