Whats Your Reason?!?

Options
Everyone says that we should have a specific goal and a motivating reason, but it is hard for us to take the time to really think about it and write it down. What is your reason?

Mine - To set a great example for my kids, and to have the energy to be prince charming to my wife and super-dad to my daughters.

Whats yours?

Replies

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I don't want to shop plus sized anymore :p
  • racerguy
    racerguy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    To have more energy and be able to keep up with my kids as they are starting sports. And most of all, to feel better about myself.
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i want to have more energy and hit fitness goals that i've never been able to, and vanity wise I want to finally be 'skinny' once in my adult life : )
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I just want to look hot.

The being healthy and fit parts are just perks.
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I'm sick of needing to ask for a table instead of a booth at a restaurant.

I'm sick of wondering if I'll need a seat belt extender on an airplane.

I'm sick of being limited in my wardrobe because I have to settle for the largest sizes often available.

I'm sick of my high blood pressure and diabetes medication.

I'm sick of being the funny fat guy.

I could go on and on and on, but I figured 5 would be a good start!
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I want to:

-control my hypoglycemia rather than it controlling me
    -be able to keep up with my almost 4 year old who has more energy than any human being should
    -possess a decent amount of strength
    -look good in a catsuit

• tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I need to outlive our dogs who are 2 and 3 years old. It's bad enough when they grieve while I'm out mowing the lawn.

My husband would starve to death without me, and our grieving dogs would starve because he never thinks to feed them.

We have three acres, much of it landscaped by me. For the last few years, it's been a real drag, not fun, because of my weight. My weight has stolen my love of gardening, and my ability to work outside for 5-6 hours at a crack.

A week ago, after 8 weeks of being on MFP, I flunked a fasting blood glucose test by four points. I'll have the big diabetes test in two weeks. I would love to control this with diet.

Once you reach a certain age, looking good after weight loss becomes secondary. Feeling good and not wanting to die -- those are the biggies.
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've never lived a healthy lifestyle. I am .9 BMI points away from obese. I have a terrible immune system, and no energy. I want to eat right to get healthy, feel better, and be able to be active!! Plain and simple. I used to eat whole pizzas, fast food, or deep fried food every day. No WONDER I felt so crappy! I am already feeling better with my lifestyle change... Calorie counting is a brand new concept to me... it's hard, but I like it so far!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I want to live forever.
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    To never hold back from doing something simply because I feel "uncomfortable" about my size, weight, etc...
  • roxilegend
    roxilegend Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    There are a few reasons, but top of my list is preventing the big health problems that run in my family - namely diabetes and high blood pressure. My mom has both and is severely overweight, so seeing her struggles is really what got me on this journey.
  • Megan1x
    Megan1x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have always struggled with my weight and especially found it hard to lose as I feel I don't eat that badly these days so to lose I have to eat even less, I'm only 20 and I see all my friends wearing what they want and it's horrible. So it self esteem and confidence for me plus I have a few things coming up this year, festivals and my 21st and I really want to be able to wear what I want
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Vanity---I want to look spectacular in my new (smaller) belly dance costume.
  • hilarymcm
    hilarymcm Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm too broke to have to buy all new clothes!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I want to feel better, do better, stop being a bystander in my life and start living it. I want to look good.
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I don't want to shop plus sized anymore :p

This is a good one :) Agree with this!

• dlbredesen
    dlbredesen Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I want to hit 30,000 steps on my fitbit every day!!
  • JLDRKSJ
    JLDRKSJ Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mark330 wrote: »
    Mine - To set a great example for my kids, and to have the energy to be prince charming to my wife and super-dad to my daughters.

❤❤ This!

Mine - To be comfortable in my own skin. To wear a pair of jeans that doesn't require a shirt long enough to hide the exrea large muffin top.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    To maintain my health for a long, long time! And to have the most energy I can to do amazing things in life!