Insanity Workout

Options
Ok so I'm on day 3 of doing the insanity workout, my god it's hard! Has anyone else done it? If so what did you struggle with and how did you find it? I have my last meal about 6-7 but find I'm really hungry about 9pm :(

Replies

• Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Yes it's one of the hardest programs out there. If you stick with it though you will improve. What seems impossible now you will be doing with ease by the end of the program. I've done it over twice and I currently do it as part of a hybrid with Body Beast. It's my go to for cardio. The Pure Cardio video is my absolute favorite. As far as feeling hungry it's tough to help without seeing your food diary.
  • ericola
    ericola Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 meals a day from the nutrition guide but I think my problem is that before I would snack on belvita biscuits and a cup of tea around 9 pm and now i don't have that little fill in, I find I'm going to bed early just to avoid eating as I'm hungry......fingers crossed as my body gets used to not eating them it will adjust.
  • ericola
    Options
    I'm not looking to the pure cardio I do that on Friday :\
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Insanity was the first workout I completed. It gets better. Then month 2 comes along :) But it is so worth it!!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    ericola wrote: »
    I'm not looking to the pure cardio I do that on Friday :\

Oh it's the best one though! It's tough because unlike the Cardio Power and Resistance type videos it isn't circuits with rest periods in between. It's a solid block of Insane Cardio for about 20 minutes straight with no breaks. :D

Honestly the first time I did Insanity I remember that after the first two days I was so sore I could barely walk down stairs. To the point I found it easier to scoot on my rear end down them. So if you aren't feeling that you are at a better off starting point then I was so you should be fine. :p
  • ericola
    Options
    Oh my god are you trying to scare me! No break for 20 mins? I mean I spin and run but this guy is like the terminator, he doesn't give in......joy!

I know what you mean re the stairs, I have refused in the past to go up for the exact same reason :):D

• ericola
    Options
    stmcfred wrote: »
    Insanity was the first workout I completed. It gets better. Then month 2 comes along :) But it is so worth it!!

I have heard scary things about month 2 and people quitting or giving up and redoing month 1
  • joesexton56
    Options
    I have completed Insanity and now have completed Insanity Max 30 and am doing it again. 42 lbs. + 10 inches lost. Blood sugar down from 13.7 to 6.5. Love the results
  • weeplin
    weeplin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've just started insanity too. It is a killer but I feel amazing after it. If you're hungry, I would eat. Oatcakes with houmous is my fill me up snack. Low calorie but low gi, so keeps you full and releases energy slowly. Houmous is good for protein too. :-)
  • ericola
    Options
    I have completed Insanity and now have completed Insanity Max 30 and am doing it again. 42 lbs. + 10 inches lost. Blood sugar down from 13.7 to 6.5. Love the results

Fantastic! Well done you:). I'm not jealous in the slightest :p
  • ericola
    Options
    weeplin wrote: »
    I've just started insanity too. It is a killer but I feel amazing after it. If you're hungry, I would eat. Oatcakes with houmous is my fill me up snack. Low calorie but low gi, so keeps you full and releases energy slowly. Houmous is good for protein too. :-)

How far into it are you?
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    are any of you who are doing insanity obese (BMI 35+)? if so, how are you finding it? i did their fit test which was totally abysmal but that's just where i'm at today, not where i'm going ;)
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »
    are any of you who are doing insanity obese (BMI 35+)? if so, how are you finding it? i did their fit test which was totally abysmal but that's just where i'm at today, not where i'm going ;)

I'm thinking about starting it. I have it sitting there looking at me. I'm just not motivated to get up at 4 AM, but I really need to start and make it happen. I plan to modify and just keep trying to do more everyday. :)
  • naillij77
    Options
    I'm on Day 10 of Insanity. I do insanity 5/ week and the other two days I do a HIIT workout with a trainor. I'm loving the workouts--definitely challenging but I have learned to be okay with taking that 5 second breather when needed.
    I follow each workout with a protein smoothie and have increased my protein in my diet too.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh my god are you trying to scare me! No break for 20 mins? I mean I spin and run but this guy is like the terminator, he doesn't give in......joy!

Don't let him scare you, it's only 15 minutes straight thru at one time (excluding your normal 10.5 minute warm up.

I'm leaving in a few minutes to do Pure Cardio followed by Cardio Abs. Good times!
  • lmramos1
    lmramos1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished insanity on Sunday and decided to restart it plus add in some turbo fire for some variation. Love love love insanity!! For those just starting out, trust me in three weeks you will find it easier, same with month 2- the first week and a half are killer (like 80% of my challenge group dropped out the first week) but by the start of your third week your body gets used to it. I was so out of shape when I started, I would be out of breath just tying my shoes. Now, I can shovel snow for 2 hours without stopping- it's really just incredible how much endurance you build. As for food. If you are trying to lose weight, keep an eye on calories in and stick with the nutrition program, I just ate regularly and lots 0 pounds in month 1 and started counting calories in month 2 and lost 4 pounds and 5 inches off my belly. I found that changing what I ate for more nutritious food kept me fueled up so instead of biscuits which are really just empty calories try a banana (or half) with 1 tablespoon of sunflower butter, or a rice cake topped with 1 tbs hummus and 2 slices of deli ham. Don't forget to fill up on lots of protien and vegetables, avoid eating out as much as possible, watch the salt. My go to low cal snacks are: string cheese (only 80 cal), Apples, cottage cheese, Ezekiel sprouted grain raisin bread (80 cal), and seltzer water mixed with 1 or 2 ounces of any juice (I drink it in a wine glass as a mocktail). I don't think anyone should be going to bed hungry if you choose your foods right.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity 2 times before and completed Insanity Max 30 a month ago. I'm curently doing Insanity again. Only this time I'm doing it 3X/week and doing Stronglift 5X5 3X/week on alternate days. Insanity is not a easy workout, but if you hang in there you will definetly see good results when you're finished.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I did insanity after doing p89x3 and Tapout so I was already fairly fit (in my mind at least) however insanity is a whole other level. I was terrified of month 2 but I worked at my own level and grew to love it .I lost 54 pounds with all these programs and reversed my diabetes
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I finished it at the beginning of the year.

Just keep going. As they say, it doesn't get easier, you just get better. It's definitely a tough program, however. Month 2 was my favorite. It wasn't easy, but the workouts were more fun to me.

Good luck and don't give up!
  • weeplin
    weeplin Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    weeplin wrote: »

How far into it are you?

Only day 4 lol but enjoying it. Looking forward to seeing some results :-)